Displaced Yooper
Premium Member
join:2004-03-15
Neenah, WI

Paulg to LightS

Premium Member

to LightS

Re: Cheaper iPhone

I guess that makes me a VERY heavy user. It's both my work and personal phones, so I'm lucky if its not on the charger in the afternoon.

LightS
Premium Member
join:2005-12-17
Greenville, TX

LightS

Premium Member

It might depend on location or if it's constantly looking for a signal as well - I have great LTE reception at work. However, if I'm in Dallas and have low signal levels or it's switching between 3g/LTE, it drains significantly faster which is to be expected. I send/receive large amounts of e-mail every day & use it for scheduling purposes as well & frequent phone calls. Pretty decent battery life though. It outdoes my Android phone by far..
NefCanuck
join:2007-06-26
Mississauga, ON

NefCanuck to Paulg

to Paulg
said by Paulg:

I guess that makes me a VERY heavy user. It's both my work and personal phones, so I'm lucky if its not on the charger in the afternoon.

That does make a difference. In my case the big killer is that I use VOIP for my home line and I'm on LTE.

Constant refresh to the server = dead battery (on LTE) in about three hours.

NefCanuck
weaver0
join:2004-05-05
Macungie, PA

weaver0 to LightS

to LightS
This. I've noticed that this is the biggest contributing factor on battery drain on the iphone. Travelling from PA to FL via 95, my battery will die in half the time of normal routine - with less use. It has to be the constant switching of towers and hunting 3g/edge