All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
JJayzX
join:2005-05-14

JJayzX

[Northeast] RI - Feel as if throttled or something just wrong

I have 75/35 and my tests show 83/33 but when i download or surf everything does only around 200KBps. Its not just on my computer(which is wired), I went to update my apps on my tablet and same thing just 200KBps. It can initially go fast sometimes but then subsides to the 200. I've restarted the router and got a new IP but still same. Is it time for a call?
patt2k
join:2009-01-16

patt2k

Re: [Northeast] RI - Feel as if throttled or something just wron

try to download iso image of linux to test it out? use IDM - Internet Download Manager

Smith6612
MVM
join:2008-02-01
North Tonawanda, NY

Smith6612 to JJayzX

MVM

to JJayzX
Are you still running Windows XP by any chance?
JJayzX

JJayzX

I'm on windows 7 64-bit and I had just done a reinstall, got a new drive. I've also used a download manager and would get around 200KBps per extra connection up to around 600KBps and not more even if i added more connections.
serge87
join:2009-11-29
New York

serge87 to JJayzX

to JJayzX
It's likely the router, some other people on this forum had the same issue of downloads absolutely crawling slow and a router replacement fixed it. Does this happen 24/7 or only certain times of the day?
JJayzX

JJayzX

It seems to be most of the time. I randomly have speed 1 second and the next its crawling. There seems to be no rhyme or reason and happens on any device. I guess I'm gonna have to deal with customer service, ugh.
JJayzX

JJayzX

Just wanted to update that they sent me a brand new router, a Rev I, I'm surprised and everything seems to be good now.