spc
uniqs

bigblackhat1
join:2009-06-20
Phoenix, AZ

bigblackhat1 to billaustin

to billaustin

Re: Bridging Century Link C1000A

All makes sense so far except for this Items 1 and 5 to match (WAN Type, VPI/VCI, Priority), where do I get these setting froms, and how do I set up my Asus RT-AC66U
bigblackhat1

bigblackhat1

Also which is a better way to do it ths way »qwest.centurylink.com/in ··· g-q.html

or your way?

Irish Shark
Play Like A Champion Today
MVM
join:2000-07-29
Las Vegas, NV

Irish Shark

MVM

Bill's way is just more robust and adds more detail to ensure that it will work the first time you do it.

Most of the steps are the same.

You can do it CL's way if you want. After you are done with that, reboot the MODEM.

Then check the router to ensure that it is setup correctly and that you have a public IP address. If necessary, you may have to reboot the router.

bigblackhat1
join:2009-06-20
Phoenix, AZ

bigblackhat1

Here is a dumb question can I plug the Asus into the C1000A and use both routers at the same time? So that way I can just have certain devices connected to each router

Irish Shark
Play Like A Champion Today
MVM
join:2000-07-29
Las Vegas, NV

Irish Shark

MVM

Yes you can. Just one of many:

»compnetworking.about.com ··· work.htm

billaustin
they call me Mr. Bill
MVM
join:2001-10-13
North Las Vegas, NV

billaustin to bigblackhat1

MVM

to bigblackhat1
said by bigblackhat1:

All makes sense so far except for this Items 1 and 5 to match (WAN Type, VPI/VCI, Priority), where do I get these setting froms, and how do I set up my Asus RT-AC66U

This data comes from the Status Pages. It is not necessary, just makes the modem boot a little faster.

The only setup change that is required in the Asus router is to configure the WAN type for PPPoE instead of DHCP.