join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon Broadban..
·Comcast

Hopefully this medication is not counterfeit

Click for full size
I went to CVS and picked up a prescription that I've been taking for years except the nurse practitioner changed the dose. The medication usually comes in a manufacturer's bottle as they are packaged in bottles of thirty and I take one a day in the morning. It is the medication I use to control the symptoms of Autism.

When I went to pick it up at the usual CVS and I noticed the bag did not feel right so I checked to make sure I had the right medication (because pharmacists/pharmacy techs sometimes make mistakes, many that are deadly) and I noticed they gave me the correct medication except it was packaged in a blister pack and dispensed in a Baggie.

Hopefully this is the legitimate medication and not counterfeit because it costs my insurance company over $600 (almost $900 when I was on the higher dose) for a thirty day supply.
--
I've experienced ImOn (when they were McLeod USA), Mediacom, Comcast, and Time Warner and I currently have DirecTV. They are much better than broadcast TV.

I have not and will not cut the cord.

FFH
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5
said by IowaCowboy:

I went to CVS and picked up a prescription that I've been taking for years except the nurse practitioner changed the dose. The medication usually comes in a manufacturer's bottle as they are packaged in bottles of thirty and I take one a day in the morning. It is the medication I use to control the symptoms of Autism.

When I went to pick it up at the usual CVS and I noticed the bag did not feel right so I checked to make sure I had the right medication (because pharmacists/pharmacy techs sometimes make mistakes, many that are deadly) and I noticed they gave me the correct medication except it was packaged in a blister pack and dispensed in a Baggie.

Hopefully this is the legitimate medication and not counterfeit because it costs my insurance company over $600 (almost $900 when I was on the higher dose) for a thirty day supply.

Is the pill the same color? And is the code embossed on the pill the same? If it is, it may just be different packaging. Even generic versions of a drug have different codes embossed on them. You can go here to check the code on the pill to see if it is the same drug and the same dosage level you were prescribed:
»www.rxlist.com/pill-identificati···icle.htm
»pharmasecure.com/blog/2012/08/ve···-online/

Getting it from CVS tremendously increases odds it is NOT counterfeit. Online pharmacies are more likely to sell counterfeits.

DeathK
Premium
join:2002-06-16
Cincinnati, OH
reply to IowaCowboy
Blister packs for prescription meds usually wind up being samples that the drug companies give out to doctors/pharmacies/etc. It's probably all they had so that's what they gave you. My mom used to get a bunch of samples of the medication she was on from her doctor. They were blister packs.
--
Photos By Greg Strong

FTWalker

join:2011-03-10
reply to IowaCowboy
Another possibility is that it came from a "stock" or "bulk" pack, as opposed to a "dose" pack.
Where I'm at, we usually have both (stock & dose) packs. We send out the dose packs for the common scripts (1/day x 30 days, for ex.), and draw from the stock packs for the others.
As someone else said, as long as the description and imprints are the same, it -should- be fine.