Premium Member
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA

IowaCowboy to bugabuga

Premium Member

to bugabuga

Re: Austin is getting Google Fiber :)

Bring it to Springfield (MA).

Verizon refuses to deploy FiOS here. And the Boston Metro area does not have FiOS, its in the Boston Suburbs.
Happydude32
Premium Member
join:2005-07-16

Happydude32

Premium Member

said by IowaCowboy:

Bring it to Springfield (MA).

Verizon refuses to deploy FiOS here. And the Boston Metro area does not have FiOS, its in the Boston Suburbs.

Why would you even want Google Fiber or Verizon Fios for that matter? Wasn't it just yesterday when you yourself said that 1 Gbps is overkill for residential use and that no one needs anything faster than a 50 x 10 connection? I mean since youre never going to want or need anything faster as long as you live and youll never have more than 50 GB of file transfer a month, since no residential account should exceed that, than you should be happy with your current Comcast cable modem service for the rest of your life.

IowaCowboy
Lost in the Supermarket
Premium Member
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA

IowaCowboy

Premium Member

It's not speed that matters to me as much as service quality. 50/10 is fine speed wise but when it cuts out is when I wish Comcast had real competition.

Even a cable TV overbuilder coming to town would be nice. I lived in an area with an overbuilder in town and cable TV is at least $20 per month cheaper in overbuilder towns (I know this firsthand).

My Internet is good when it works but getting them to fix things is as fun as getting teeth pulled. The techs are useless.

If they had competition, things would be better.
Expand your moderator at work