how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

jz68

join:2005-08-17
Plymouth, MI

Help with favorites

When I set up my favorites, I was able to hit the favorites button on the remote and have a listing of my favorite channels pop up onscreen that I could scroll through and select a channel to view.

Ended up swapping my box out today because of some issues. Received the same type of box, but now when I press the favorites button, there's no listing of my channels, it just advances to my next channel I've set up as a favorite.

I don't see any settings I can change, is there an update to the software that maybe this box doesn't have?

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY
kudos:10

What box do you have?

Hob

jz68

Plymouth, MI

Scientific Atlantic Explorer 8300HDC

Jabbu
Premium
join:2002-03-06
reply to jz68

Hit guide twice and select favorites

jz68

Plymouth, MI

That's not the same though. With my other box, I could hit the favorites button and a list of all my favorite channels would pop up that I could scroll through.

Satch

join:2009-11-25

said by jz68:

That's not the same though. With my other box, I could hit the favorites button and a list of all my favorite channels would pop up that I could scroll through.

You have a newer box with a different version of the software. You can:

* Press the Guide button twice and select to filter the guide by Favorites

* With the guide on screen, go from one Favorite Channel to the next by pressing the FAV button

*With the guide off screen go to each favorite channel by pressing the FAV button.

You would need an older version of the box (called MDN.) for the Favorites pop-up prompt. (The new version is ODN) The MDN model are the non-C boxes and any box that is not a Samsung. They are hard to find because they are being phased out.

If you sort by Favorites by pressing the Guide button twice, the selection will hold until changed. ODN boxes hold the Guide settings until changed. I don't think MDN boxes held the filter settings. I think MDN boxes had an option in Favorites where you could display them by going channel to channel, or as a pop-up/select prompt. ODN does not have the pop-up prompt.

Satch

jz68

Plymouth, MI

Thanks for such a detailed answer. I was assuming the little pop up menu when hitting the favorites button was the newest feature. Filtering the guide by favorites seems to work well, I guess I'll get used to it.