how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

VTEric

join:2008-08-27
Clifton Park, NY

Authenticating All Calls

We've had some requests for a feature that would allow our customers to force all callers to enter a random three digit passcode to continue the call, similar to the authentication option in the Anonymous Call Routing feature that we currently offer.

The AUTHENTICATE option is now available in the Toggle DND portion of the Do Not Disturb section of the online control panel. This will allow you to whitelist specific callers while requiring everyone else to authenticate themselves as a human caller. Automated callers such as political calls, prerecorded message calls, etc. would be blocked by enabling this feature.

As always, if you have any feedback about this feature or a suggestion for a new feature, let us know through the Beta Lab section of your online control panel.

unknvoip
RIP goose
Premium
join:2006-07-25
Rochester, NY
kudos:1
Reviews:
·ViaTalk

Eric,

If I select that DND option, what will be the effect on the scheduled DND setting I have to forward all calls to my cell in the evening/night?

I would not want this setting to make any late caller authenticate and then ring the house phone, waking my wife.

VTEric

join:2008-08-27
Clifton Park, NY

The Toggle DND feature will take precedence over individual scheduled DND entries.

mathfaster

join:2005-09-23
Upland, CA
reply to VTEric

Will give it a shot. Thanks. Anything to get rid of automated calls will help. Hopefully, maybe even some local marketing calls where they call even if you are on the Do Not Call list. Not sure if they use autocall capability or not.