My Best Friend Is A Boxer
Premium Member
join:2000-09-04
Carrollton, GA
ARRIS SB6183

gaviper

Premium Member

[General] Earthlink.net not available?

Can anyone access earthlink.net? I cannot reach anything at Earthlink. Trying to access my account, or earthlink web mail or my voice - All dead. My internet still works fine, I just cannot access any Earthlink web pages. I have been trying for over an hour.

jillydoc
@clearwire-wmx.net

jillydoc

Anon

I can't access it either. Don't know what's going on. Internet working because I don't use them for service, just email.
jeddak
join:2001-12-28
Visalia, CA

jeddak to gaviper

to gaviper
Same here.

antdude
Matrix Ant
Premium Member
join:2001-03-25
US

antdude to gaviper

Premium Member

to gaviper
It's down from three ISPs for me too. Nothing on Twitter's #earthlink. »www.isitdownrightnow.com ··· net.html comments say people can't connect for the last hour.

Must be very bad!!

Seattle Area
@qwest.net

Seattle Area to gaviper

Anon

to gaviper
I've been having intermittent loss of service for days, but this is the worst it's been yet.

antdude
Matrix Ant
Premium Member
US

antdude to gaviper

Premium Member

to gaviper
It's back up for others and me now after 1.5(?) hours.

»support.earthlink.net/co ··· ages.php show MANY PROBLEMS. Haha. DNS problems?

Seattle Area
@qwest.net

Seattle Area to gaviper

Anon

to gaviper
And right when I sent that, it came back up. We'll see for how long, though.

gaviper
My Best Friend Is A Boxer
Premium Member
join:2000-09-04
Carrollton, GA

gaviper

Premium Member

It's now working again for me too.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY

2 recommendations

hobgoblin to gaviper

Premium Member

to gaviper
It was a major Earthlink DNS issue now resolved.

Hob

Albanycable
@mindspring.com

Albanycable to gaviper

Anon

to gaviper
I lost a bunch of random service earlier before I discovered that the DNS servers were all down. Ip connectivity was fine and traceroute to the dns was clean all the way to atalnta before dropping dead. Changed them out for google dns and I was up and running again.

I guess they stated drinking a little early.

antdude
Matrix Ant
Premium Member
US

antdude to gaviper

Premium Member

to gaviper
Uh, here we go again?
antdude

antdude

Premium Member

said by antdude:

Uh, here we go again?

»downforeveryoneorjustme. ··· link.net said it was down earlier. Now, it's up again. Crazy EarthLink!

dbarber
join:2000-07-25
West Chester, PA

dbarber to antdude

to antdude
said by antdude:

Uh, here we go again?

It was down for me for several hours last night too. Couldn't get mail. Went to earthlink.net, and I could get the main page, but not mail or support. Several hours later, it was working (somewhat) again.
I hope they fix the underlying problem, and not just put band-aids on it.

Anyone else having intermittent mail problems the last few weeks? Lately I get a message that
"The POP server is not responding appropriately, ensure that you have specified the address of a POP server" This is for my "pop.earthlink.net" mail server.

antdude
Matrix Ant
Premium Member
US

antdude

Premium Member

... Anyone else having intermittent mail problems the last few weeks? Lately I get a message that
"The POP server is not responding appropriately, ensure that you have specified the address of a POP server" This is for my "pop.earthlink.net" mail server.

Yes for POP3 servers. I noticed it happens during peak hours (morning and evening). ELN had this problem for YEARS. I really wished they would add more servers or whatever to avoid this. I think they're too cheap to upgrade their e-mail servers.