join:2002-12-24
Long Island
kudos:3
Reviews:
·voip.ms
·Verizon FiOS
·Vonage

Silicondust + Fios

I'm very close to pulling the trigger on a $150 Silicondust unit (the 3 tuner one needing a cablecard) and use it with my Fios service.

Reason: Verizon's iPad app sucks, and with my on my laptop all over the house and outside, I'd like to watch TV where I please without buying a new TV and renting a box.

Overall, how do you all like the Silicondust units? I see mostly good reviews.
--
He used to say that soul shine, is better than sunshine, better than moonshine, damn sure better than rain.

I take direction from one person under protest.

gaforces
United We Stand, Divided We Fall

join:2002-04-07
Santa Cruz, CA

I've had the prime for over a year now. I'm using it with wireless so its a little flaky but it usually works. Wireless network interference from other equipment is a problem. It would probably be better with the giga lan, as that's whats recommended by sd.
The software is funky mostly because of Windows Media Center BS DRM. If I lose the signal for a short period of time I have to reload the sd software.
The other choice is the ceton, haven't tried that one.
--
Let them eat FIBER!

mgamer20o0

join:2003-12-01
Norwalk, CA
reply to Jeffrey

said by Jeffrey:

I'm very close to pulling the trigger on a $150 Silicondust unit (the 3 tuner one needing a cablecard) and use it with my Fios service.

Reason: Verizon's iPad app sucks, and with my on my laptop all over the house and outside, I'd like to watch TV where I please without buying a new TV and renting a box.

Overall, how do you all like the Silicondust units? I see mostly good reviews.

»www.engadget.com/2013/01/08/sili···with-tr/
i am holding off for the new one. it might cost more but looks like a better option.