uniqs
share rss forum feed

CWolfCW
Premium
join:2003-07-12
reply to Theriex

Re: 150/10 timing?

said by Theriex:

I'm running 354.29 on RT-N66U and not having any problems. I don't really use wireless though.

On another note, I tried to get DD-WRT installed on it and was a no go. Tools shows CFE as 1.0.1.3. I used dd-wrt.v24-21676_NEWD-2_K3.x-big-RT-N66U.trx, which afaik is the newest. Had to use firmware recovery to get the router operational again.

You could always try one of the KONG builds: »www.desipro.de/ddwrt/

As for myself, I might actually go back to Asuswrt-Rmerlin.

said by RMerlin:

On the RT-N66U, stick with the latest non-beta (270.26b) for best wireless stability.

On the RT-N16 and RT-AC66U, 354.29 Beta 1 should be pretty good (my main RT-AC66U at home is running on it).

Although, what is the issue with wireless stability in the beta? And what does the beta add over the last stable version?

RMerlin

join:2009-10-09
Montreal, QC
said by CWolfCW:

said by RMerlin:

On the RT-N66U, stick with the latest non-beta (270.26b) for best wireless stability.

On the RT-N16 and RT-AC66U, 354.29 Beta 1 should be pretty good (my main RT-AC66U at home is running on it).

Although, what is the issue with wireless stability in the beta? And what does the beta add over the last stable version?

There's a bug in the RT-N66U driver where Intel Centrino cards are unable to connect on the 5 GHz band when using 40 MHz width. Asus are working on the problem with Broadcom, no word yet as to when they might have a fix available.

There's been a lot of changes between 26b and 29 Beta 1, check the changelog: »www.lostrealm.ca/asuswrt-merlin/···elog.txt

DrugTito

join:2013-01-17
canada
reply to RMerlin
said by RMerlin:

said by DrugTito:

What is the best release on Merlin's firmware?

What do you guys use?

Thnx

»www.mediafire.com/download/c87a2···.26b.zip

this one?

RMerlin

join:2009-10-09
Montreal, QC
That's correct.

DrugTito

join:2013-01-17
canada
Thank you sir.

Theriex

join:2010-09-19
Ottawa, ON
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
reply to RMerlin
I like DD-WRT as it seems to have a lot more functionality. RMerlin's release is good too but I'm having problems with USB connected storage and accessing the storage over the network. Never had any problems with DD-WRT and external storage.

If I have share without account, I am unable to copy files over to the external storage, it only works with Share with account and I don't want it set up that way.