uniqs

bpervier
Premium Member
join:2002-02-10
Burbank, CA

bpervier

Premium Member

[Fusion] fusion upgrade

»www.speedtest.net/result ··· 5358.png this is my speedtest. Also we are existing customers and never got any info on the phone service. Is there voice mail included? The speeds are really not that fast.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS

MVM

I have Fusion from Sonic.net.

On a 9,156 foot loop:

On a 3,300 foot loop:

I don't know what telephone extras DSL Extreme offers.

dslx_nick
ISP Employee
join:2011-12-24
Chatsworth, CA

dslx_nick

ISP Employee

Yes, voicemail is included.

Your loop length is over 5000', and your modem is currently pulling about 11.6Mbps down. You typically see about 80% of that, or 9.3Mbps, on speed tests due to routing overhead (see »DSL FAQ »What is the 80% bandwidth / speed ). You're seeing about 9.7Mbps on your speed test, which is actually above average. If you'd like, I can have one of my techs try tweaking your line settings to try to improve the downstream; note that this may knock you offline momentarily while the changes are taking effect.

bpervier
Premium Member
Burbank, CA

bpervier

Premium Member

They can try and tweak the line. How do you get the voicemail setup?

dslx_nick
ISP Employee
Chatsworth, CA

dslx_nick

ISP Employee

Alright, don't be concerned if the internet goes down briefly today while they do that.

For the voicemail, dial *99 on your phone, that should get you into it.

bpervier
Premium Member
Burbank, CA

bpervier

Premium Member

dslx_nick
ISP Employee
Chatsworth, CA

dslx_nick

ISP Employee

You're actually pulling down 13Mbps right now, but it looks like it's pushing the line too hard (too much data is getting garbled or lost, so the net effect is a lower effective speed... kind of like a car spinning its wheels without traction). I'll have a technician try tweaking it down a bit.

bpervier
Premium Member
Burbank, CA

bpervier

Premium Member

Thanks for all the help.
bpervier

bpervier

Premium Member

dslx_nick
ISP Employee
Chatsworth, CA

dslx_nick

ISP Employee

Since it seems your initial settings seem to have been providing the greatest net download speed, even with lower gross bitrate (you've been pulling about 12Mbps gross down the past week or so), I've tried moving it back to how it was previously. Please let me know how it does now.

bpervier
Premium Member
Burbank, CA

bpervier

Premium Member

dslx_nick
ISP Employee
Chatsworth, CA

dslx_nick

ISP Employee

Looks like the original settings are best; while the other settings were giving you higher gross downstream rate, too much data was being lost and thus giving you lower net speed. I'll keep it like this for you.

bpervier
Premium Member
Burbank, CA

bpervier

Premium Member

Thanks for all the help.