spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Mike2012

@qwest.net

changed to netgear d6200 and will not connect

i am new to centurylink and DSL i received an Actiontec Q100A last week and it works but i wanted to shitch to the new Netgear D6200 Modem/Router but i keep getting (No DSL Cable is Plugged into ADSL Port) message. Any ideas

billaustin
they call me Mr. Bill
Premium,MVM
join:2001-10-13
North Las Vegas, NV
kudos:5

Are you in an ADSL or VDSL area? If VDSL, you will have to put the Actiontec modem in bridge mode and connect it to the WAN port on the Netgear router.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
Premium,MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
kudos:11
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
·Pacific Bell - SBC

said by billaustin:

Are you in an ADSL or VDSL area? If VDSL, you will have to put the Actiontec modem in bridge mode and connect it to the WAN port on the Netgear router.

What WAN port? The Netgear D6200 is an RG with a phone port, a USB port, and four LAN ports.
--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
~To Konnyu, with the Lion and the Drum

NormanS
Premium,MVM
San Jose, CA
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
·Pacific Bell - SBC
reply to Mike2012

said by Mike2012 :

i am new to centurylink and DSL i received an Actiontec Q100A last week and it works but i wanted to shitch to the new Netgear D6200 Modem/Router but i keep getting (No DSL Cable is Plugged into ADSL Port) message. Any ideas

Is the Actiontec Q1000A a VDSL modem? It seems to be a VDSL modem. The Netgear D6200 is an ADSL2+ modem. While the Actiontec appears able to work with ADSL2+, I doubt that the Netgear will work with VDSL. If your CenturyLink service is VDSL, you likely need to exchange the ADSL2+ modem (Netgear) for a VDSL modem.
--
Norman

Mike2012

@qwest.net
reply to NormanS

Yes the WAN port is the same as the Internet Port on back of the D6200 so i will try and bridge and see what happens thanks for info

billaustin
they call me Mr. Bill
Premium,MVM
North Las Vegas, NV
reply to NormanS

said by NormanS:

said by billaustin:

What WAN port? The Netgear D6200 is an RG with a phone port, a USB port, and four LAN ports.

As per the Netgear product page:

One (1) USB 2.0 port
One (1) ADSL2+ port
IEEE® 802.11 b/g/n 2.4 GHz
IEEE 802.11 a/n/ac 5.0 GHz
Five (5) 10/100/1000 (1 WAN and 4 LAN) Gigabit Ethernet ports with auto-sensing technology

»www.netgear.com/home/products/wi···aspx#two

NormanS
Premium,MVM
San Jose, CA

<facepalm>
I actually looked at that page; went to the product photo ... and completely missed the WAN port.

Mike2012

@qwest.net
reply to Mike2012

i just spoke with a tech from Netgear and he said that Also, the device will work with VDSL if you will use a different modem connected into the WAN port of the D6200.The device will act as a router only when working with VDSL. so do i need to bridge is still the question

NormanS
Premium,MVM
San Jose, CA
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
·Pacific Bell - SBC

said by Mike2012 :

i just spoke with a tech from Netgear and he said that Also, the device will work with VDSL if you will use a different modem connected into the WAN port of the D6200.The device will act as a router only when working with VDSL. so do i need to bridge is still the question

It sounds like you should bridge the Actiontec ...
--
Norman

Mike2012

@qwest.net

The other problem is how to hard wire the 2 units i seehow to set up the bridge in the Actiontec but the hard wire is a mystery to me.

NormanS
Premium,MVM
San Jose, CA
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
·Pacific Bell - SBC

Check your Actiontec for something like the Pace 4111N "LAN as WAN" setting:

LAN as WAN

--
Norman

Mike2012

@qwest.net

Thanks will check on that and get back

billaustin
they call me Mr. Bill
Premium,MVM
North Las Vegas, NV
reply to Mike2012

said by Mike2012 :

The other problem is how to hard wire the 2 units i seehow to set up the bridge in the Actiontec but the hard wire is a mystery to me.

You use an ethernet cable and connect the LAN port on the Actiontec Modem to the WAN port on the Netgear router (after you complete the setup to put the modem in bridge mode).