spc
Search similar:

uniqs
slajoh01
join:2005-04-23

slajoh01

[WIN7] Time and Date format settings?

Click for full size
HI, is there any way I can set the following date/time format as to the one from the pic? The format from the print screen is called the DTG (Date Time Group).

Is there any way to have the date/time display in Win7 to show this type of formatting?

Thx

plencnerb
Premium Member
join:2000-09-25
53403-1242

plencnerb

Premium Member

Picture #1

Picture #2

Picture #3

Picture #4
The screens and options come from Windows 8, but I believe the same steps will work in Windows 7 as well.

If you go into Control Panel, click on "Clock, Language, and Region", and then "Region". You should end up with a picture similar to Picture #1 above.

However, in both drop down lists (Short Date Format, and Long Date Format), you have limited set options.

So, click on the "Additional Settings" button to bring up what I'm showing in Picture #2.

If you click on the "Time" Tab, you get what is shown in Picture #3.

On this screen, you can then set the long and short date formats however you want, using the options on the bottom.

If you click on the "Date" Tab, you get what is shown in Picture #4.

I don't know if you can combine both Date/Time into a group as you have shown, but you should be able to set each part to be the format you are looking for.

Hope that helps.

--Brian
slajoh01

slajoh01

Well, thats precisely I want to do is to combine it like the one from my screen shot.

I wish to have it the same format like in the screen shot.
dave
Premium Member
join:2000-05-04
not in ohio

dave

Premium Member

Can't do it, as a general thing. Programs individually decide whether they want to display 'date' or 'time' and the relative locations of where they display 'date' and 'time'.

plencnerb
Premium Member
join:2000-09-25
53403-1242

plencnerb

Premium Member

I just tried now to add the time parts to the date format screen, and it won't let me do it. So, dave See Profile is right, you cannot combine them into the same format. A 3rd party program like you have is required to do it.

--Brian
slajoh01

slajoh01

What are some good ones please?

And thanks for the info.
dave
Premium Member
join:2000-05-04
not in ohio

dave

Premium Member

What are you trying to actually do? When you say "have the date/time display in Win7", what display are we talking about? I mean, any number of programs in Win7 show dates and times.

What that control panel does is to set up a standard format for (1) date, (2) time. These get used as follows: a well-defined program that wants to format,, say time-of-day to the user's wishes will call the OS function GetTimeFormat, whose job it is to format time-of-day, not date. It's never going to format a date, that's not its job. The calling program may or may not have even provided valid date components.

Who knows what it would do if the OS 'format me a time' function started formatting dates as well? Since some programs might call GetDateFormat and GetTimeFormat, maybe they'd end up displaying the date twice.

For that reason, I don't see how ny 3rd party program is going to change the way the system supports date-and-time formatting in general.

Is it perhaps just one program you want to change?