You're it
Premium Member
join:2008-09-02
united state

Metatron2008 to skeechan

Premium Member

to skeechan

Re: EVGA Announces GeForce GTX 680 Mac Edition Graphics Card

I talk about googling things that I have never done, and you talk about doing something every week. I can see why you equate tinkering to toys, you have the attention span of a child.

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium Member
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170

skeechan

Premium Member

Says the guy who plays with GIJoes and thinks he is putting a man on the moon.

Metatron2008
You're it
Premium Member
united state

Metatron2008

Premium Member

Quit being condescending, I said the process. Because people tinker, find out things, learn. That is what makes up science.

Again, do you have any answer AT ALL to the fact that Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak was 'playing with Gi Joes' and ended up making the computers that you are using to give your opinion on?

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium Member
AA169|170

skeechan

Premium Member

I don't mow my own lawn because I don't have to mow my own lawn. I don't sweep my own pool because I don't have to sweep my own pool. I don't change my own oil because I don't have to change my own oil.

Don't compare ANYTHING you do to ANYTHING JPL, Jobs or Woz has done. You aren't even on the same planet as them.

Good for you that you can change an insinkerator or toilet guts on your own. Here is a cookie. I'm actually more disappointed that you would have to google how to do it.

Metatron2008
You're it
Premium Member
united state

Metatron2008

Premium Member

I never said what I googled. Quit putting words in my mouth.

Nice method of dodging the question. But you don't know me. And trying to insult me doesn't answer the question.

Unless they have more money then sense, most of the guys I know who can fix things do it. And we know how much we save, esp. over the prices that you pay nowadays.

I seriously doubt that you know anything at all about being self sustaining. If I had to guess, you are some overweight dude who sits on a couch with a beer watching tv all the time.

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium Member
AA169|170

skeechan

Premium Member

And as usual you would be wrong bench top racer.

Metatron2008
You're it
Premium Member
united state

Metatron2008

Premium Member

Care to elaborate? I thought so.

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium Member
AA169|170

skeechan

Premium Member

I guess I have to post in Crayon since you have yet to grasp this simple concept of opportunity cost.

I don't mow my own lawn not because I can't but because of the opportunity cost of spending the time to do it. It is the same reason I use a washing machine instead of beating my shirts on a rock at the river. It is the same reason I don't change my own oil. It is the same reason I drive a car to my office rather than walk. I make more "profit", whether actual or in self-enrichment by applying my vast proficiency elsewhere. My time is more valuable to me than other peoples' time is valuable to me. Thus I will pay them to do a task that I have no interest in doing so that my time can be spent doing something that does interest me. Opportunity cost.

Being self sufficient comes with proficiency and you don't have to demonstrate it at every turn to be proficient (evidently you do along with a lot of help from Google). Being smart is in knowing when you should exercise that proficiency versus having someone else do it.

If you still don't get it there is nothing more I can do as you bore me and I have better things to do than continue my obviously futile attempts to educate you.

Metatron2008
You're it
Premium Member
united state

Metatron2008

Premium Member

'Vast proficiency'. Yeah, right. The only thing you are proficient at is being lazy. And twisting words.

No, you don't need to educate me. I can look online real quick and find that non lazy people also say what I'm saying. Go grab another beer and sit back on the couch, I'm gonna go for a run.

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium Member
AA169|170

skeechan

Premium Member

Here, I'll help you out with that.