Search similar:

uniqs

Liri
@vif.net

Liri

Anon

[DSL] Download/Upload bandwith cap and Monthly Invoice

Hello.

I would like to know if nnly download or both download/upload count for bandwith cap for 75GB and 300GB DSL plan?

Do you send monthly nnvoice so we can pay with check or do you only accept credit card?

Thanks!
kessel43
join:2012-12-30

kessel43

Both download + upload count towards your monthly bandwidth cap.

Can't really comment on the second part, but I have it setup with my credit card and they withdraw money from it at the end of each month. It's real simple, and there are no surprises on your bill unlike what we're used to with Bell and Rogers..

TypeS
join:2012-12-17
London, ON

TypeS to Liri

to Liri
Download only counts.

nanook
MVM
join:2007-12-02

nanook

MVM

said by TypeS:

Download only counts.

Oh?

TypeS
London, ON

1 edit

TypeS

That just the usage tracking tool, when they count bandwidth towards your cap, only download counts and only extra download bandwidth will be billed.

EDIT: Asked a rep and they said the download only is an upcoming change once all the new stuff is ironed out.

Kind of getting confusing around here lately.
bbiab
join:2004-05-26

bbiab

It is not confusing at all. It has been clarified that download only starts when you get new pricing, perhaps more accurately when you get an email notice about the new pricing.

TypeS
London, ON

TypeS

Well Bell's new pricing is live now and I asked, and the answer was both count (for now).

QuantumPimp
join:2012-02-19

QuantumPimp to TypeS

to TypeS
said by TypeS:

EDIT: Asked a rep and they said the download only is an upcoming change once all the new stuff is ironed out.

Not criticizing you - only what you've been told. What the devil does "once all the new stuff is ironed out" mean exactly? I've seen at least one post from TSI suggesting that "only downloads count" was already in effect. Gonna find it now because I relied on that information to upgrade service and to plan my usage for this month.
said by bbiab:

It is not confusing at all. It has been clarified that download only starts when you get new pricing, perhaps more accurately when you get an email notice about the new pricing.

What e-mail notice? I've already upgraded and do not expect nor have been warned to expect additional e-mails changing the terms of service. Yes, this situation is confusing.

Taylortbb
Premium Member
join:2007-02-18
Kitchener, ON

Taylortbb to Liri

Premium Member

to Liri
said by Liri :

Do you send monthly nnvoice so we can pay with check or do you only accept credit card?

There are options other than credit card but cheque is not one of them. Pre-authorized debit is available, and I believe online bill pay is too.

TypeS
London, ON

TypeS to QuantumPimp

to QuantumPimp
The "ironing out" part were the reps words, not mine. So I don't know, I guess all the new stuff going on? ATPIA Migration, New Rates, expansion out west, etc.

Liri
@vif.net

Liri to Liri

Anon

to Liri
Thanks that is what I thought too that it was just the download.

The reason why I would like to know if TekSavvy send the invoice at home it because I would like that the others members of my family has the responsability to pay the internet too.

nanook
MVM
join:2007-12-02

nanook to QuantumPimp

MVM

to QuantumPimp
said by QuantumPimp:

What the devil does "once all the new stuff is ironed out" mean exactly? I've seen at least one post from TSI suggesting that "only downloads count" was already in effect.

It could mean that TekSavvy's claim that "only downloads count" is correct and currently in effect and that their comment about "once all the new stuff is ironed out" refers in part to fixing the bandwidth usage reporting to reflect that reality.

N.B. But I'm not brave enough to go over 300GB in April to find out if my theory is correct
bbiab
join:2004-05-26

bbiab to QuantumPimp

to QuantumPimp
said by QuantumPimp:

said by TypeS:

Not criticizing you - only what you've been told. What the devil does "once all the new stuff is ironed out" mean exactly? I've seen at least one post from TSI suggesting that "only downloads count" was already in effect. Gonna find it now because I relied on that information to upgrade service and to plan my usage for this month.
said by bbiab:

What e-mail notice? I've already upgraded and do not expect nor have been warned to expect additional e-mails changing the terms of service. Yes, this situation is confusing.

For me, everything was ironed out when I finally got the email telling me I would be paying a different amount now.