share rss forum feed

gwalk
Premium
join:2005-07-27
West Mich.

1 recommendation

The Real Hughes

This is a topic from the Hughes site.
I think it worthy of re-posting because it describes the REAL Hughes in all its ethical glory.
If this causes a single person to rethink doing business with Hughes, its worth the effort.

Gen 400 for Business does not deliver, and neither does customer service

Good afternoon HughesNet

Thank you for your email asking if I have some issues.

I do have some issues that need addressing. I have been working steadily with your team since 2/27 trying to resolve the issues. I would love to share this with you.

In late January I was making plans to move my office location to temporary quarters in one of the buildings on my property. We had been housed in mid-town Savannah for over 13 years, and our rent had gone up annually. The space, never ideal for our application, was way overpriced for this market. We are always busy, and finding the right location to make a transition from one office space to another just keeps creeping up each year. This year, I decided that we would work from my property in one of the out buildings until we found a perfect permanent space. Unfortunately, my property is a "touch of country in the city", located in the middle of a number of quite large horse farms. When I bought this property 2 years ago, I didn't realize that it was not served by Cable or DSL.

I had explored at that time the use of HughesNet for ISP, but the service reviews were pretty stark. I have been functioning here at home using a Verizon air card. However, my company, a Disability Case Management Company, employs an office staff and a few out based case managers. We host our case management system on our server, and our outbased staff log in to access the file information. I didn't think an air card would cut the mustard.

I received an email from HughesNet, advertising your new Business Service Program and the GEN 4 system. My other option was to pay for the installation of a T1 line, which is a bit pricey for a temporary location. I called and spoke with your sales representative, Kevin Jackson.

Now, I will be honest and tell you that I have second guessed myself time and time again, asking if I was clear when I asked Kevin about the stability, speed and functionality of the HughesNet service. I had read a LOT of complaints about the service and was a bit apprehensive. I had thumbs downed the idea 2 years ago. However, what I heard from Kevin made me really feel comfortable. Speeds faster than DSL. Ability to stream movies and multi-player game applications. Old problems of the past resolved. I described specifically what we do, which involves transfer of medical record files, entry into our server hosted case management system, and the use of Log Me In to access our local server. I told him how many would be in the office (4) and how many would be outbased (2), working on the server at any given time. Kevin felt that the biggest package Gen 400 would be a perfect fit. I asked about the "what if's"... and was told that I could opt out any time before the installation with no charge (duh), and that I could cancel any time during the first 30 days without penalty, but the installation charges would not be refunded. That seemed like a good deal, and a reasonable option to try. Hey, at one point Verizon wasn't the greatest, but now, they rock! So why not give you guys a chance. So I did.

I emailed him back, provided my credit card #, and made the commitment. Here I made an unusual (for me) error, in that I did not review the agreement in total first.. but Kevin seemed like such a straight shooter.. and I did want this to work. Also I was super busy with work and making the move arrangements.

The dish was installed on 2/11, and the installer was great. So far, so good. I had the actual transition planned for the week-end of 2/22, and in the meantime, had the phone guys, the wiring guys, and my IT guy out to get stuff ready. On 2/25, with the move complete, my IT guy began networking the computers and setting us online. I had all of the "geek speak" info that the installer left to provide him, and it seemed to be going pretty well. We had speed issues that Monday and Tuesday, but we also had a Dorthy and the Wizard storm blowing, and even my good old dependable Direct TV has digitizing issues from time to time in this kind of weather. Our IT guy checked out the speeds, which were pretty dismal and told me to get in touch with you all on Wednesday. He confirmed that our "network" was not the issue, having plugged directly into your system to assure that nothing we were doing was causing the snail pace.

Michelle called on Wednesday, and did some speed tests. She was told that there were some issues, and we needed to be bumped up to a higher level. She said that she was told someone would be in touch with us in 48 to 72 hours. Michelle was told that they could call back any time of the day or night, even though this is a business account. I thought she was kidding. This is a business service. If I call anywhere else and if I need to be bumped up, they do it while I am on the phone. But we waited the rest of Wednesday and all day Thursday with no call. Mid morning on Friday, March 1, I called from the field to request that the service call be facilitated. I had the pleasure of speaking with Hugh, from HughesNet. Hugh was less than accommodating that day. He indicated that the 48 to 72 hour window was for real, and that week-ends were not included in that total. He told me that he looked at my data, and that my internet was running fine. This conversation first exposed me to the 60% principle, which is that if we are getting 60% of the advertised levels (9 mbps) then we are within the guidelines for HughesNet policy. I tried to explain to him that our service was so slow that I could not load the HughesNet site. He insisted there was nothing wrong. Needless to say, this conversation did not end well. I did not make it back to the office on Friday in time to call Hugh back while in front of the computer.

On Monday, 3/4/2013, I was returning from an appointment in the afternoon, having been working in the field all day. I received a call from Hugh. He indicated that he had checked our service and that there were severe problems. (Irony.. I let this pass) He indicated that he was requesting that a field technician visit to check the equipment. You ask for cudos on your page.. well here is one.. Hugh did follow through and a service technician visited us on 3/5/2013. He also found severe problems, recommended replacing the equipment, and then did so. On the afternoon of 3/5/2013, the technician called me to say that he had bumped this up a level. Even with equipment replacement, the speeds were dismal. He requested engineer involvement but had no response as to what would happen next.

I called tech support when I arrived back at the office and got Hugh again. He said that the situation had been escalated to the engineers, but had no idea when they would be in touch with me.

Now, by this time, we have been essentially down for a week and a half. I have only a brief period of time remaining on my “evaluation” window. I talked with Hugh more about our service needs. I explained that the Log Me In was so slow that is was not usable. Hugh immediately hit on this. “Log Me In??? That is a VPN.” When I asked what that was, Hugh was quite condescending regarding my lack of knowledge about this apparently widely known acronym. It was in this conversation, I believe, that I explained to Hugh that, should he fall from a tower and experience a SCI, and require IC’s q4 to6, with D/S, and experience the discomfort of D-Cubes, that I would happily translate the “Doctor Speak” for him. I explained that, while not completely computer illiterate, I do not “Speak Geek”, and requested that he treat me with the same dignity that I afford my clients. I learned that the 60% solution did NOT mean that I could expect speeds between 9 and 15 mbps, but that if we were at an AVERAGE of 9 mbps, or even kind of close, say 7.5 to 8ish, we were within the HughesNet thumbs up all is well window.

Per Hugh, the “latency”, not the download/upload speed is the issue with VPN’s, which I now know is Virtual Private Networks. The latency refers to the time it takes to load a webpage. Because your towers are 25K miles away, the latency is always going to be a bit lagging. I obtained some recommendations from the Log Me In tech support, which included disabling the TurboPage program, and Hugh and I tried this. It was worse. We tried a few other techniques, without success. I explained to Hugh that the use of this program, which I had specifically discussed with Kevin, is essential to our operations. I told him I would have to explore other options, and be back in touch.

Although Hugh was a condescending jerk, and he provided diametrically opposed information on Friday to Monday, he did follow through on getting a tech there within a reasonable time frame, and was honest when telling me that the system was not going to get any better. CUDOS to Hugh...

I contacted my IT, and we discussed emergency options. My IT, who rocks by the way, networked my AIRCARD from Verizon to my computers, and on 3/6/2013, my computers were humming away at about 20 times the speed we experienced with HughesNet. I contacted HughesNet Customer Service to cancel my account. I was informed that due to the “type of account”, they could not accept my request, but that I had to fax in a letter on company letterhead and someone would be “back in touch” in 2 to 3 days. (Let’s remember, they installed on 2/11/2013). I faxed in the letter on 3/6/13, and on 3/8/13 called to follow up with the cancellation (I have only 3 days, two are week-end days, until I am past my “grace period”.)

I began calling on the morning on 3/8/2013, and made 4 consecutive calls to HughesNet, attempting to reach the department that handles these issues. When I pressed the appropriate number to be transferred, I was directed to a message that provided a number to call for this service, and disconnected me. Funny, the number provided was the NUMBER I WAS CALLING. On the fifth call that morning, I pressed the extension for a different department and got a person. I explained my problem and informed them that I had already been directed to this extension that hangs up, and that I wanted to speak with a CSR or my next call would be from the BBB office. I spoke with 3 service reps (35202871 and 35202896) before I spoke with Joseph (35202987) and was transferred to someone who could help me, Grace.

Grace first gave me the song and dance about sending in the letter. I explained that this had already been done. She then said that she would make a note and be in touch with me at the end of the billing cycle to cancel the account. I asked her to show me the place in my contract that says I cannot cancel until the end of a billing cycle. Being unable to find such a clause, she told me that this was posted on HughesNetLegal.com. I explained that my contract is found within the 8.5 X 11” of the papers that I “agreed to”, and not some postings on the internet. Grace decided to check with her supervisors, and subsequently agreed to cancel the contract effective 3/6/2013. (35202987) We discussed the return of the equipment. Grace informed me that in 5 to 7 business days I would receive a kit to return the equipment with all information on returning these items provided. I did insist on the address for return, and asked her about how to pack. She told me this information would be sent, but I could also find it at www.customercare.myhughesnet.com. (There is a how to get the beam off the dish, but no address on this site). I requested an email confirming cancellation of the service as of 3/6/2013, and she indicated that an email had been sent.

On 3/9/2013, I had no email confirming account closure. I contacted Manuela (35219292) who sent me to Rose (35219292), who sent me to Joseph, who suggested I call 800 347 3272 and got Donna in Tech Support, who sent me to Andy, who sent me to Mark. Mark confirmed that I would have the email within 24 hours (35226430)

On 3/11, I called to confirm that the account was closed and request confirmation email again. I spoke with JC (35239219) who indicated that he sent the email confirmation. He indicated that the return kit for the equipment had been sent. He stated that I had until 4/22/13 to get the equipment back to HughesNet.

On 3/12/12, I got a notice that my bill was past due. The business credit card that had been provided at the time of the order had been replaced by Bank of America, because one of the vendors that I do business with had been breached. They replaced all of the cards. Wonder who the bad vendor was. I called in speaking with John wo indicated that my bill for the month was $348.78. He had no record of the account cancellation or prorated billing for the account. Much ado about this and contact with your billing department, who is unreachable and does not respond to emails, and I got the prorated amount and paid it immediately via online bill pay at BOA. 35273559

I then waited for the kit to arrive. On 3/19/2013, I spoke with Kayla 353617327. She confirmed that that email had been sent and that the kit is in the mail. She told me that the time for the kit was 7 to 15 days. (hmmmm) She stated that it had been processed and that it should arrive no later than 3/8/2013. Kayla told me that the Account Management Team in the Billing department is in charge of sending the return boxes. I sent a fax in to HughesNet confirming this conversation.

On 3/24/2013, a Sunday night, I received a call at 7:10 p.m. I didn’t reach the phone in time, picking up just as the caller hung up. The voicemail message was from Sheena(?) at HughesNet indicating that she was trying to reach me about my account. Now this is a BUSINESS account, and she is calling me on SUNDAY NIGHT at 7:10 pm... Why?? This is the first call I had received from HughesNet since the notification of cancellation, but it sounded in her message as though she had made exhaustive efforts. I returned her call at the number provided at 7:11 p.m. (one MINUTE later). I got David who informed me that Sheena was calling to let me know that the return kit had been mailed out. I was informed that it should arrive by 3/28/2013. Case number was 35204048.

On 3/28/2013, I did not receive the boxes. I contacted HughesNet, speaking with MaryAnn. MaryAnn told me that the boxes were not processed until 3/11/2013, wo I could expect them in the next day or so. I asked for a supervisor, and spoke with Margaret. I was quite candid with her, and told her that this pattern of delay was making me quite uncomfortable, as though you are attempting to forestall my ability to return the equipment and therefore have the “right” to keep the $200 which would be returned from the $450 lease termination penalty. Margaret indicated that this was of course not the case, and that if the boxes did not arrive in time, HughesNet would provide a credit to my account because of the delay. On that date, I paid the $250, which is my Lease Termination fee for the lease agreement, and sent a letter confirming the conversation. I requested that a tracking number be provided to me, but was informed that, although UPS had my boxes, you guys didn’t have the tracking number.

On 4/2/2013, I still did not have a tracking number or any boxes. I called and spoke with Kelly who told me that due to the “account type”, I would not be receiving any return kit. I was flabbergasted. Those things have been in the mail since 3/11. I asked to speak with her supervisor, Gemma, who confirmed that they will not provide a return kit. She reviewed the account and told me that I had been given an address on 3/8/2013 and that I would be responsible for returning the items at my expense. She provided me an address but no phone number for the facility.

Does this appear to be an upfront way of dealing with customers to you? How can you justify the pattern of delay, both in providing technical service and in addressing customer service issues. Could this be a bunch of incompetent people who don’t know what they are doing, or is it a company policy to “stick it to the customer”.

Until this point, I just wanted to get this stuff out of my office and off of my mind. While I thought I had asked your sale rep all of the relevant questions before moving forward, I allowed that maybe I had not asked all the “right” questions and it certainly was my fault for not reading the contract completely before agreeing to the terms and being surprised by the Lease termination fee. I was willing to say, “my bad”, and move on. But this kind of made me mad. I don’t mind paying my penalty, but I am not a “typical country bumpkin” who might not know what recourses are available when the big bad corporation starts “messing” with the.

I did some research on HughesNet. I found that it is a subsidiary of EchoStar. I enjoyed EchoStar’s boast that :
HughesNet boasts “As of December 31, 2012 and 2011, our Hughes segment had approximately 659,000 and 626,000 customers, respectively, that subscribed to our consumer and small/medium enterprise service, HughesNet and dishNET services, and other reseller arrangements. As of December 31, 2012 and 2011, we had $1.063 billion and $1.036 billion, respectively, of contracted revenue backlog. Our revenue backlog as of December 31, 2011 included $252 million related to EchoStar XVII, which was under construction in 2011. We define Hughes revenue backlog as our expected future revenue under customer contracts that are non-cancelable, excluding agreements with customers in our consumer market. “
So I decided to do some more research. I called your sales staff again as a potential new customer. I spoke with Alex. This time, I asked questions about your Gen 400 service and knew what the right answers SHOULD be. Again, I was informed that the GEN 400 is so fast, much faster than DSL. I can stream movies, participate in multiplayer games, download media, etc. I again explained about my use of Log Me In and asked if this service would allow me to use that application. ABSOLUTELY. I asked about the reliability of the speeds, and was informed that they are absolutely reliable. This time, I even went to far as to say that I had looked at HughesNet 2 years ago (I did) , and noted there were a lot of complaints about speeds not being reliable. Alex assured me that the Gen 400 is a whole new product, and that while he was aware of the past issues, they had been resolved. I asked about the Echo XVII satellite coverage, to determine if I am in a covered area, and I am! Then I asked about the agreement. I was told about the ability to cancel without charge before installation, and about the 30 day trial period, during which I could cancel my services. I worked pretty hard here to get him to tell me about that Equipment Lease Termination fee. I confirmed that if I cancelled in 30 days, I would only have to pay for the installation and the time I had service. He confirmed this was right. I asked again saying that there would be no termination fees, and he said that was right.

What this told me is that I did do my due diligence in asking the appropriate questions before proceeding with services. While I should have read the lease agreement, your agents are withholding this information. I did act like your typical “bumpkin” by not reading the lease first, but your guys aren’t being forthcoming either. We know that the speeds advertised are not even expected by HughesNet and that the reliability of speed is completely variable (wanna see my speed tests.. and this is YOUR system). We know now that HughesNet cannot handle VPN’s, which includes LogMeIn due to the latency. Your sales rep did not inform me of this when asked this direct question.

An ethical company does not seek to take advantage of their customers. I think it is quite relevant to know that HughesNet boast does not indicate 659,000 loyal and satisfied customers, but 659,000 people “under customer contracts that are non-cancelable”. If we look at the chatter on the various message boards, the BBB complaints, reviews of the service by companies that are not part of your organization, those are probably 659,000 pretty unsatisfied people, or at least many of them are.

It appalls me to know that HughesNet received a $92 Million dollar government contract to provide internet services in areas unserved. I would hope that our US tax dollars go to companies that really mean to provide service, not those that are just building up their revenue backlog. (. As of December 31, 2012 and 2011, we had $1.063 billion and $1.036 billion, respectively, of contracted revenue backlog)
I wonder if the other federal and state contracts that you have obtained are aware of HughesNet’s attitude toward their customer base. The areas served are rural, and typically you would find a large portion of the population to be less well educated, and have less understanding of the recourses available to them when dealing with this type of situation. Perhaps we can find out.

Agencies dealing with consumer complaint issues relative to ISP’s are FCC, FTC, BBB, and the state consumer affairs offices. As consumers, we can certainly lobby our representatives regarding federal and state contracts with HughesNet, and notify the contracting office of problems with service for people who are subsidized by these contracts.

My complaint is simple. I want the box to return my equipment as promised, and I want to not have any further contact with HughesNet. But there is that equipment, sitting on my desk, just continuing to remind me of HughesNet Business practices.

sharkyyoung
Premium
join:2012-03-15
Reno, NV

Good job Gwalk, as the more this comes into the public eye the better.

gwalk
Premium
West Mich.
reply to gwalk

After several bumps as of 7 PM Monday there has been no response from Hughes on this fiasco.

yolarry

join:2007-12-29
Creston, WV
reply to gwalk

Who created this story? got the link to the topic? This guy hit the nail in the head.

sharkyyoung
Premium
Reno, NV

said by yolarry:

Who created this story? got the link to the topic? This guy hit the nail in the head.

»community.myhughesnet.com/hughes···_service

gwalk
Premium
West Mich.
reply to gwalk

We finally have a Official Response.
I think this proves beyond a doubt that the problems with Hughes are systemic and far from isolated.
There are just too many Hughes employee's in need of "Reeducation" on this one.

EMPLOYEE

Sara for Hughes (Official Rep) 3 minutes ago

Hello Sandee, I am sorry to hear that you had such a difficult time with your initial install and most of our customer care representatives. We'll certainly be looking into agents and processes in question (thank you for including such detailed notes and case numbers).

In terms of your equipment return: on April 4th you were notified that no return boxes will be sent for your business account. Please use your own boxes to send the equipment back and save the receipts for the money that you spend on shipping so that we may reimburse you. Once your equipment is received you will be credited either to the card on file or via check (if you were signed up for invoice billing).

The knowledge base article that outlines how to return your equipment may be found here: »customer.kb.hughesnet.com/Page...

Instructions on how to return your HT1000 system are here and page seven lists the address where the equipment should be sent.

Shipping Point 4004
16060 Industrial Drive
Gaithersburg, MD 20877

»customer.kb.hughesnet.com/Docu...

Important: In place of RMA #000000000, as shown above, you must include the RMA number given to you by Hughes Customer Care by phone or by e-mail. If you do not include the RMA number, your package may be delayed. If you do not have an RMA number, call Hughes Customer Care at 1-866-347-3292.

Refunds are posted 30 days after the receipt of your equipment (if not sooner). Should you have any additional challenges getting your refund please post again. Thank you, Sara

Premium
join:2012-06-11

The patience this customer displayed is above and beyond anything that should be required. Although he didn't read all the fine print, he was sold by way of deceptive and fraudulent sales department practices. Which is a crime. I would have simply informed them that I would be contacting the state attorney general and the BBB.

I would have also tracked down EchoStar's corporate office address and direct phone number and asked to speak to the Director of Customer Service.

sharkyyoung
Premium
Reno, NV
reply to gwalk

said by gwalk:

We finally have a Official Response.
I think this proves beyond a doubt that the problems with Hughes are systemic and far from isolated.
There are just too many Hughes employee's in need of "Reeducation" on this one.

EMPLOYEE

Sara for Hughes (Official Rep) 3 minutes ago

Hello Sandee, I am sorry to hear that you had such a difficult time with your initial install and most of our customer care representatives. We'll certainly be looking into agents and processes in question (thank you for including such detailed notes and case numbers).

In terms of your equipment return: on April 4th you were notified that no return boxes will be sent for your business account. Please use your own boxes to send the equipment back and save the receipts for the money that you spend on shipping so that we may reimburse you. Once your equipment is received you will be credited either to the card on file or via check (if you were signed up for invoice billing).

The knowledge base article that outlines how to return your equipment may be found here: »customer.kb.hughesnet.com/Page...

Instructions on how to return your HT1000 system are here and page seven lists the address where the equipment should be sent.

Shipping Point 4004
16060 Industrial Drive
Gaithersburg, MD 20877

»customer.kb.hughesnet.com/Docu...

Important: In place of RMA #000000000, as shown above, you must include the RMA number given to you by Hughes Customer Care by phone or by e-mail. If you do not include the RMA number, your package may be delayed. If you do not have an RMA number, call Hughes Customer Care at 1-866-347-3292.

Refunds are posted 30 days after the receipt of your equipment (if not sooner). Should you have any additional challenges getting your refund please post again. Thank you, Sara

Yeah, they want her to pay for it and wait for her supposed money back what a crock!

Premium

From what the customer reports HughesNet breached their own contract before it was even signed.

When you deliberately lie to, and deceive a customer about the services you provide (which they CLEARLY did as the customer gave scenarios with his specific needs) and the CSR said it would not be a problem at all. And smartly he called them again posing as a new customer after his own experience gave the CSR the same information as previously and was given the same FALSE information about how the service would work just fine for his needs.

HugesNet committed fraud.

sharkyyoung
Premium
Reno, NV

The problem is that this type of disception goes on all of the time, and so the saga continues.

sharkyyoung
Premium
Reno, NV

Sandee is going through H*LL over at hughes trying just to get a return kit? This is crazy!

gwalk
Premium
West Mich.
reply to gwalk

Sandee sure is getting the normal "customer service" treatment from Hughes.
I don't think Hughes could give a straight honest answer if their life depended on it.

gwalk
Premium
West Mich.
reply to gwalk

A Few more chapters added to this joke.

Sandee Atkinson 1 day ago

Sara I want to the information previously provided to me regarding returning the equipment on 4/4/2013. The address information was also different. I am awaiting my RMA box or the RMA number. I will not be responsible for any damage in shipping if you do not provide the box and I do not believe that I have to send it at my own cost unless you can show me where in my contract it states that my service is DIFFERENT and I am responsible for the return, as well as why all of your CSRs until 4/4 indicated the boxes are in the mail, and you sent me to a web support page specifically stating that a box would be sent.

EMPLOYEE

Sara for Hughes (Official Rep) 21 hours ago

Hello Sandee, as I stated above, please return your equipment using your boxes so that we may credit you the agreed on amount. Since you were on a business account no boxes will be sent to you however, we will be looking into the proceedures and agents that were involved with your cancellation process. Thank you, Sara

Sandee Atkinson 2 hours ago

Sara thank you for your nonresponsive answer i am most happy to return your items i have no boxes as promised no explanation for why no boxes and no RMA number a most important item per your earlier directions i will send you your items at my expense and await reimbursement (snicker) but i need this number and confirmation of which address to use i was given 2 different ones By sending me no return kit you are accepting liability for any shipping damage waiting on you

The Hughes Mods now are in the process of deleting some (4 so far) of Sandees replies.
First Hughes screws the customer but good and then gets a little "touchy" when the customers doesn't like it.

gwalk
Premium
West Mich.
reply to gwalk

Being a bit put out with these people I posted this:

Gwalk900 1 hour ago

It really gives insight of Hughes when first they take the customer, in THIS case Sandee, to the royal cleaners and then turn around and delete four of her replies.

Great Job Hughes......
Suz, perhaps you are just not cut out for a career in customer service. From the looks of the change log in this thread its "your way or the highway"

Comment

Suz (OFFICIAL REP) 4 minutes ago

Hi Gwalk, the courtesy afforded Sandee by Hughes reimbursing her for her shipping and handling fees is beyond the HughesNet Business Subscriber Agreement »legal.hughesnet.com/BI_Gen4_af.... We are now waiting to receive the equipment from Sandee so that we can issue her a $200 credit.
Unfortunately, as I'm sure you already recognize, Sandee's most recent posts had to be removed due to infringements on the HughesNet community guidelines.

Suz

gwalk
Premium
West Mich.
reply to gwalk

Here is a copy of one of the four emails that Hughes deleted.
I guess a little truth really does hurt.

Sandee Atkinson replied to Customer service and Business Plan Gen400 concerns., a problem about Hughes.

Now, one day later you are telling me that, oh well, I won't be getting those boxes. My question is "Why not?"
Why was I told from 3/8 until 4/4 that the boxes were coming. Is it possible that the billing date for the account is 4/1, and that, if you did have a credit card, you could have charged my account for the full $450. But, if I had sent the equipment back on 3/8, you would have no reason to charge me $450 on the Equipment Lease.

That is my question that is really bothering me. This response from you is the first time I heard about that RMA number. Apparently this is a very important little piece of information that I was not provided. This is the first time I was given these links. So, my dear Sara, my question is what is really going on here?

Are your customer service representatives that poorly trained? Or is this a corporate policy of some kind that makes it possible for you to charge your customers for items that they could have avoided? I am just being frank here. I do not have an RMA number.
Does this mean that when I return your equuipment, it is going to "get lost" and I will still be charged for the equipment AND have paid the UPS charges myself? I don't know.
So here is where I am at. I have been told that the boxes are coming. You can send me the boxes and an RMA number, or not. I have already paid the $250, so I have demonstrated my 100% willingness to comply with my part of the contract. Now the ball is in your court.
Send me the boxes. BTW, I have filed complaints with the FCC, FTC, BBB and the Georgia Consumer's Board. I have the packet of information, including numerous confirmed fax transmissions confirming my efforts to comply with this contract.

I sure don't want you equipment, which simply catches dust and provides no appreciable benefit to anyone. I am happy to send it back when I get the appropriate and promised information. Send me the boxes and it is on the way.

And by the by, Bank of America noted a "security breach" on my business credit card about a week after I signed on with you guys. They cancelled that card and sent me a new one.
Maybe my personal banker had HughesNet....... but bottom line, I am an invoice customer. I have paid my prorated balance per the information provided to me IN WRITING regarding the specific charges that I would be responsible to pay during this period, AND I have paid the $250 on the day that I was informed that the boxes were absolutely coming and that if they were late I would be adjusted for failure to have the equipment there by 4/22/13.

I have each contact ID number and name of the CSR I spoke with and I have the fax confirmation of each contact documented via letter.

gwalk
Premium
West Mich.
reply to gwalk

It took a LOT of badgering and negitive posts on the part of many Hughesnet customers but maybe this is over:

Sara for Hughes, an employee of Hughes, replied to Customer service and Business Plan Gen400 concerns., a problem about Hughes.
Hello again Sandee, I would like to apologize on behalf of Hughes for your experience in attempting to return your equipment. After we dug a bit deeper into your troubleshooting notes we noticed that there in fact was some confusion regarding the cancellation process for your return, specifically the Capital Lease return. We've already escalated your concern and you should be receiving a call from us today. The processes and agents involved in this process will be reviewing thoroughly.

With respect to our Capital Lease accounts, the terms and conditions that our customers agree to at the time of purchase indicats that the equipment becomes the property of the customer after the first 30 days have expired therefore, our Capital Lease customers are not required to return their equipment. Consequently there is no credit associated with Capital Lease equipment returns. If a business account holder cancels their account within the first 30 days the customer will receive a $200 credit for the return of their equipment. In this case an RMA is generated, however the customer does not receive a return kit (box) - we ask that the customer use their own box. Again, if the business account is cancelled after the 30 day period, the customer owns their equipment, is not required to send the equipment back and if they chose to send the equipment back will not receive any credit for the returned hardware.

Sandee, based on your notes the timing for the equipment return credit has been extended. As soon as we receive your equipment you will be credited for the returned equipment. Again, on behalf of Hughes I am sorry it's taken so long to process this for you. If we haven't already, we will be touching base with you today. Thank you, Sara

Its a real pity that it takes this kind of effort to do business with Hughes.

sharkyyoung
Premium
Reno, NV

REAL SAD!!!!!!!!!

Premium

I thought Charter was bad, this is disgusting.

Notice how the CSRs take every measure to minimize accepting responsibility for not providing the correct information and I also notice that they never admitted that the sales department committed either outright fraud, or deception by incompetence whichever it was they have never admitted that by not providing what they promised the customer over the phone so in effect they breached the contract before it was ever agreed to.

I would have contacted the corporate offices and recounted the exchanges where TWICE the customer was informed that the service offered would be sufficient to meet their needs even though it was clear this was NEVER the case.

yolarry

join:2007-12-29
Creston, WV
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
·HughesNet Satell..
reply to gwalk

I just got this e-mail notification pop up. seems like they *know* they F@$# up..

Hello again Sandee, I would like to apologize on behalf of Hughes for your experience in attempting to return your equipment. After we dug a bit deeper into your troubleshooting notes we noticed that there in fact was some confusion regarding the cancellation process for your return, specifically the Capital Lease return. We've already escalated your concern and you should be receiving a call from us today. The processes and agents involved in this process will be reviewing thoroughly.

With respect to our Capital Lease accounts, the terms and conditions that our customers agree to at the time of purchase indicats that the equipment becomes the property of the customer after the first 30 days have expired therefore, our Capital Lease customers are not required to return their equipment. Consequently there is no credit associated with Capital Lease equipment returns. If a business account holder cancels their account within the first 30 days the customer will receive a $200 credit for the return of their equipment. In this case an RMA is generated, however the customer does not receive a return kit (box) - we ask that the customer use their own box. Again, if the business account is cancelled after the 30 day period, the customer owns their equipment, is not required to send the equipment back and if they chose to send the equipment back will not receive any credit for the returned hardware.

Sandee, based on your notes the timing for the equipment return credit has been extended. As soon as we receive your equipment you will be credited for the returned equipment. Again, on behalf of Hughes I am sorry it's taken so long to process this for you. If we haven't already, we will be touching base with you today. Thank you, Sara
--
Frontier HT1000 - Linksys E3000 DD-WRT

sharkyyoung
Premium
Reno, NV

Even though Hughes closed the topic, Sandee has now posted a new one thanking everyone for their help.

»community.myhughesnet.com/hughes···s_closed