matcarl
Premium Member
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY

matcarl

Premium Member

Re: No More ESPN Classic

Read This:

You are entitled to notice whenever a network or channel is removed from a service
tier to which you are subscribing. You are also entitled to notice of certain other
changes in programming. We will give you notice of these significant changes thirty
days prior to the effective date of the change if we know about the change sufficiently
in advance, or we will give you notice within thirty days of the date upon which we
first learn of the change. Upon receipt of the notice, you may elect to terminate your
service or downgrade your service to a less expensive tier at no charge, provided that
you tell us of your decision within forty-five days of the receipt of the notice.
In addition to the foregoing, if a network or channel is moved from one service tier
to another or is removed from the system altogether and you first subscribed to our
service during the nine months preceding the date of the change or upgraded your
service during the six months preceding the date of the change, you may be entitled
to a refund of installation, upgrade or other one-time charges paid to us if you choose
to terminate or downgrade your subscription after the change. If a network is moved
from our basic service tier to a more expensive tier, you may also have the opportunity
to upgrade to the more expensive tier at no charge and to receive the more
expensive tier, also at no charge, for a period of six months. If a network is removed
from the basic cable service tier and is not available on any FiOS TV service tier, you
may be entitled to a credit for a portion of your monthly service payment for a fixed
period of time after the network is removed from the system.
skohly
join:2009-08-19
Township Of Washington, NJ

skohly

said by matcarl:

Read This:

You are entitled to notice whenever a network or channel is removed from a service
tier to which you are subscribing. You are also entitled to notice of certain other
changes in programming. We will give you notice of these significant changes thirty
days prior to the effective date of the change if we know about the change sufficiently
in advance, or we will give you notice within thirty days of the date upon which we
first learn of the change. Upon receipt of the notice, you may elect to terminate your
service or downgrade your service to a less expensive tier at no charge, provided that
you tell us of your decision within forty-five days of the receipt of the notice.
In addition to the foregoing, if a network or channel is moved from one service tier
to another or is removed from the system altogether and you first subscribed to our
service during the nine months preceding the date of the change or upgraded your
service during the six months preceding the date of the change, you may be entitled
to a refund of installation, upgrade or other one-time charges paid to us if you choose
to terminate or downgrade your subscription after the change. If a network is moved
from our basic service tier to a more expensive tier, you may also have the opportunity
to upgrade to the more expensive tier at no charge and to receive the more
expensive tier, also at no charge, for a period of six months. If a network is removed
from the basic cable service tier and is not available on any FiOS TV service tier, you
may be entitled to a credit for a portion of your monthly service payment for a fixed
period of time after the network is removed from the system.

I'm no lawyer but does this mean they would give me ultimate over extreme for no extra charge for 6 months?

matcarl
Premium Member
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY

matcarl

Premium Member

That's the way it sounds, doesn't it? But I'm in NY and that's what mine says, I looked at another area and I couldn't find this, so maybe it's just certain areas?
webcobbler
join:2013-03-09
Rumson, NJ

webcobbler

I wonder if someone had Extreme package with 25/25 internet, if one could get this Ultimate at no charge for 6 months because of this TOS thing.... if they could negotiate an increase on internet speed to 50/25 or 75/35 as well?
knarf829
join:2007-06-02

knarf829 to matcarl

to matcarl
This TOS revelation should be its own thread. I'm willing to bet next to no one knows this.
crgauth
join:2004-05-18
Glen Burnie, MD

crgauth to skohly

to skohly
said by skohly:

I'm no lawyer but does this mean they would give me ultimate over extreme for no extra charge for 6 months?

The way I read it is two options:
1) If you FIRST subscribed within 9 months of channel change, you can get a refund if you choose to terminate or downgrade.
2) If a channel is moved from BASIC service (which I would assume there are very few subscribers) you can upgrade for free for 6 months.
Not a lawyer, but try and read things like this with a magnifying glass (always trying to make sure I get everything I am entitled to).
billhere
join:2011-10-21
Santa Monica, CA

billhere to skohly

to skohly
If a network is moved from our basic service tier to a more expensive tier, you may also have the opportunity to upgrade to the more expensive tier at no charge and to receive the more expensive tier, also at no charge, for a period of six months.

Extreme is not the basic service tier, though, so a free upgrade for six months from extreme to ultimate unfortunately doesn't apply, IMO.

birdfeedr
MVM
join:2001-08-11
Warwick, RI

birdfeedr to matcarl

MVM

to matcarl
said by matcarl:

Read This:

You are entitled to notice whenever a network or channel is removed from a service tier to which you are subscribing. You are also entitled to notice of certain other changes in programming. We will give you notice of these significant changes thirty days prior to the effective date of the change if we know about the change sufficiently in advance, or we will give you notice within thirty days of the date upon which we first learn of the change.

Upon receipt of the notice, you may elect to terminate your service or downgrade your service to a less expensive tier at no charge, provided that you tell us of your decision within forty-five days of the receipt of the notice.

In addition to the foregoing, if a network or channel is moved from one service tier to another or is removed from the system altogether and you first subscribed to our service during the nine months preceding the date of the change or upgraded your service during the six months preceding the date of the change, you may be entitled to a refund of installation, upgrade or other one-time charges paid to us if you choose to terminate or downgrade your subscription after the change.

If a network is moved from our basic service tier to a more expensive tier, you may also have the opportunity to upgrade to the more expensive tier at no charge and to receive the more expensive tier, also at no charge, for a period of six months.

If a network is removed from the basic cable service tier and is not available on any FiOS TV service tier, you may be entitled to a credit for a portion of your monthly service payment for a fixed period of time after the network is removed from the system.

Broken apart for readability, then paraphrased.

1. We will provide notice in advance.
2. You can downgrade or terminate without penalty.
3. Within 9 months of first subscription or 6 months of upgrade, certain fees may be refunded.
4. If move is from basic to more expensive, you can get upgrade free for 6 months.
5. If network is removed from basic and not available on any tier, you may receive a service credit for a fixed period of time (to be specified by VZ).