spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Satch

join:2009-11-25

TWC International Phone Service Options And Questions?

Hey All,

As I understand, TWC Digital Phone offers two optional international long distance plans:

*All TWC Triple Play Subs Get Digital Phone Unlimited included with subscription. If purchased Ala Cart-$39.95/mo. Subs can add the following options for calls to international countries.

International One Price:

*Get 1000 international phone minutes per month to over 100 countries Should you go over your minutes, you pay in cents per minute. Average cost $19.95/mo.

Global Penny Phone Plan:

* Call over 40 Countries at only a penny a minute. Average cost is $2.95 a month.

Questions:

1.) If you have International One Price, and you call a country not on the 100 countries list. do you pay the penny rate established by that country?

2.) If you have Triple Play and want International One Price, is the cost still $19.95. If not, what is the discount? I read somewhere that Triple Play subs could upgrade to International One Price, because they already have unlimited long distance as part of their package for $10 more? Is that still true?

This is a list of International Country Rates for TWC Digital Phone. Note the chart will say, "included" if the rate is automatically a part of International One Price and give the cents per minute if the 1000 minutes are exceeded.

The list will also show the countries under the Global Penny Plan with a one-cent charge and the cost to call any country that for some reason is not included with International One Price:

»www.timewarnercable.com/en/resid···lan.html

Any comments on the International Services you use. I don't have International Calling, but want to learn more about it for future reference.

Satch

NightOwl2

join:2012-03-19
Hi Satch, any customer with TWC Digital Phone can subscribe to an International Calling Plan( or the new Global Penny Plan, according to website). There are customers who only have phone, or phone and cable, or phone and internet. I used to set up International Calling for customers, and handled bills and complaints. The big thing to remember: Are you calling a mobile phone? And, which countries are you calling? And how many minutes? Would you use 1000? AND ARE YOU CALLING A MOBILE PHONE? I re-emphasize this because
customers would have huge bills when they did not understand the exact restrictions of IOP. I assume the Global Penny Plan could run into the same problems. It certainly looks like a good alternative, depending on which countries are called.

1)Yes, if you call a country not on the list, you pay the regular calling per minute price as listed. Not the discounted penny rate on the left.
2)I do not recall Triple Play customers getting IOP for $10, unless it was a short term promo. Again, not all Digital Phone customers have the Triple Play.

Satch

said by NightOwl2:

Hi Satch, any customer with TWC Digital Phone can subscribe to an International Calling Plan( or the new Global Penny Plan, according to website). There are customers who only have phone, or phone and cable, or phone and internet. I used to set up International Calling for customers, and handled bills and complaints. The big thing to remember: Are you calling a mobile phone? And, which countries are you calling? And how many minutes? Would you use 1000? AND ARE YOU CALLING A MOBILE PHONE? I re-emphasize this because
customers would have huge bills when they did not understand the exact restrictions of IOP. I assume the Global Penny Plan could run into the same problems. It certainly looks like a good alternative, depending on which countries are called.

1)Yes, if you call a country not on the list, you pay the regular calling per minute price as listed. Not the discounted penny rate on the left.
2)I do not recall Triple Play customers getting IOP for $10, unless it was a short term promo. Again, not all Digital Phone customers have the Triple Play.

This is very helpful! Thanks!

Satch

Satch

Regarding International Digital Phone from TWC,

The question that remains is, if you don't have International Phone Service from TWC, Say you have Unlimited Nationwide, which is included with Triple Play, is it that you can't make International Calls at all? Or if you do make International Calls, you just pay the per minute charge?

I saw the different rates. The Global Penny Plan still offers discount rates to the countries if you take that plan, and call a country not on the penny per minute rate.

It appears that International One Price is 1000 minutes a month to over 100 select countries. (After that, play the per minute charge.) Average cost is $19.95 a month.

Global Penny Plan is one cent a minute to 40 selected countries and discounted rates to most other countries. Average cost is $2.95 a month. And no limit to the number of minutes you can use.

Yes, rates can vary depending on whether or not you call through a land-line or mobile phone, Mobile Phone is more expensive.

TWC's Community Forum has a wonderful chart of the International Calling Rates associated with the Digital Phone Packages and phone types used:

»www.timewarnercable.com/content/···disabled

Jack

NightOwl2

It's right on their website.
"Question:
How do I dial an international call with Home Phone?
Answer:
Just dial as you normally would. For example, dial 011 + country code + city code + plus the number of the person or company you are trying to call. If you make frequent international calls, consider ordering our International OnePrice service."

You will pay regular rate like anyone else making an international call.

Search Google for more directions/answers.

NightOwl2

reply to Satch
Just to add: When customers set up Digital Phone, the rep asks a series of questions, one being, do you wish to block international calling? If a customer has problems, that is the first thing to check.

Satch

said by NightOwl2:

Just to add: When customers set up Digital Phone, the rep asks a series of questions, one being, do you wish to block international calling? If a customer has problems, that is the first thing to check.

Thanks for this reply!

I assume that the International Call Block is for Spammers and Telemarketers only? Can this be activated and deactivated through My Services like regular Nationwide Unlimited Service? Where in My Services, you can check, the "Anonymous Call Reject" and set up to 30 numbers to block? I assume it cannot, because International Calls require more than ten numbers to be entered and the My Services data fields for blocked numbers, I think is a ten digit maximum.

Satch

NightOwl2

The International Call Block is *not* for spammers and telemarketers...it is to prevent anyone on *your* phone calling overseas. Same with a 900 block. Preventing calls that cost $$$. Or receiving collect calls. You cannot remove or activate these features, requires special processing.

Satch

1 edit
(Post Deleted)

Satch

Satch

reply to NightOwl2
said by NightOwl2:

The International Call Block is *not* for spammers and telemarketers...it is to prevent anyone on *your* phone calling overseas. Same with a 900 block. Preventing calls that cost $$$. Or receiving collect calls. You cannot remove or activate these features, requires special processing.

Thanks!

Satch