Premium
join:2004-09-17
Chattanooga, TN

1 edit

3 recommendations

reply to sivran

Re: i hate mices to pieces

Click for full size
meet Buddy. my professional mouse deterrent.
the bad thing about the decon is if the rodent dies under the floor or in a wall, then you have the smell.

i have a cat for that problem. a neighbor brought him over and asked if i wanted him. a litter was born under her house and he was the only one that lived. they had dogs and they got all the kittens but Budddy. one small mouse got in the apartment 4 years ago and he got it the first night we had him, and he was hardly 2 months old lol he was so tiny when we got him.

and to this day, he still sits in front of the fridge at night for a few hours staring at the bottom. that is where he caught the mouse. apparently he has not forgotten that 4 years later. he is about 2 in this picture. i have tons of pics of him, but this one is probably my favorite one.

Mr Matt

join:2008-01-29
Eustis, FL
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Millenicom
·Embarq Now Centu..
·Comcast
·CenturyLink

My parents learned from a friend how to eliminate the problem of dead mice decomposing inside walls. If one is using Warfarin based rat poison, leave a pan of water next to the bait. Warfarin causes the mice to hemorrhage internally, which causes them to develop an unquenchable thirst. They will immediately search for water and the nearby pan of water meets their needs. Usually we would find the dead mice in or near the pan of water.

Regardless of what method one uses to dispatch mice, the only issue was if the mouse was a female and had given birth. When the mother died the young would starve to death and there would still be the stench of decomposing baby mice in the nest. Fortunately if one put out the bate and pan of water early enough in the fall, the female mice would not live long enough to give birth.

newview
Ex .. Ex .. Exactly
Premium
join:2001-10-01
Parsonsburg, MD
kudos:1
Reviews:
·DIRECTV
·Comcast
reply to rob_in_chatt

said by rob_in_chatt:

i have a cat for that problem. a neighbor brought him over and asked if i wanted him. a litter was born under her house and he was the only one that lived. they had dogs and they got all the kittens but Budddy.

and to this day, he still sits in front of the fridge at night for a few hours staring at the bottom. that is where he caught the mouse. apparently he has not forgotten that 4 years later. he is about 2 in this picture.

it's a small world ...

My daughter came back home to live with me and brought HER cat ... named Buddy. The cat has been an indoor cat all his life, been de-clawed cause he scratched furniture up from the day he came home from the animal shelter ... but is a mouse catching FIEND. Like your cat, he'll sit in front of the fridge for hours staring at the bottom, where he caught his 1st mouse. He'll go "hunting" late at night, peering into the nooks and corners, alert for the slightest noise. He's caught maybe a dozen mice in the last 1-1/2 years and I don't even bother setting traps anymore.

No mouse problems here with Buddy.