share rss forum feed

FFH
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5

HTC One gets glowing review

»www.anandtech.com/show/6747/htc-one-review

The HTC One is an incredibly ambitious phone. I can't think of the last time I've been excited not just because I'm reviewing a triple-A handset, but rather because there are innovative new features inside and ambitious risks taken by the OEM. In the case of the One, there are a number of them — front facing stereo speakers, an all metal unibody construction with unique antenna design, display just short of 5.0-inches, and of course the 4.0 megapixel camera with OIS and comparatively huge 2.0 micron pixels. The result is a phone that's not just exciting because it's something new to review, but because it's different and uniquely better for the right reasons.

On the software side, Sense 5 is a much needed remaining of the Sense experience with flatter UI and classier contemporary iconography and typography choices throughout. I think HTC has nailed the industrial design and delivered one of the classiest UI skins I've seen in a long time.

For the HTC One I'm giving our Editors Choice Gold award, which is our second highest award. The One is an incredibly awesome device.

I'm a big fan of the HTC One and can see myself using it for quite a while, even without seeing necessarily everything of its main upcoming contenders. It's a device which amazingly is built to the kind of specifications I'd want from a device — huge emphasis on camera, all metal construction with actively tuned antennas, and a powerful SoC inside.

There is about 17 pages in this review. The above is just a tiny example. Read the whole review.

FFH
Premium
Tavistock NJ

Another review: »www.newstalk.ie/REVIEW:-HTCs-del···tion----

A video review of the software of the HTC One:

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8ZeC5yuOKI

FFH
Premium
Tavistock NJ
reply to FFH

HTC One vs Samsung Galaxy S4

Part one of the comparison(the hardware):
»thediplomat.com/pacific-money/20···htc-one/

Part two of the comparison(the software):
»thediplomat.com/pacific-money/20···htc-one/

Steve Mehs
Gun Control Is Using A Steady Hand
Premium
join:2005-07-16
kudos:1
reply to FFH

Re: HTC One gets glowing review

That is a really nice phone, with a lot to offer. I love HTC phones, and love everything about the One, except for the 4.7" screen. After going from the 4.7" Evo LTE, to the 5" Droid DNA, I don't think I could ever use a phone under 5" again. I love the other specs of the phone, too bad about the display size. I think I’ll sit this one out, and wait for the successor of the One, or if HTC comes out with a replacement for the DNA.
--
Dale Jr, Riding Daddys Coattails Since February 18, 2001!