Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..

Why? Do you want to do that?

Anyway, I believe the installed size was around 8 GB, IIRC, but you might be able to strip it down by taking out the non-intel code.
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

Metatron2008
Premium
join:2008-09-02
united state

Virtualization, as I said..... Which would mean to use for non intel apps.

J E F F
Premium
Kitchener, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..

said by Metatron2008:

Virtualization, as I said..... Which would mean to use for non intel apps.

I'm going to say 6GB....but I really don't know for sure.
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

Metatron2008
Premium
united state

Ugh, that really is not worth it.

HappyFrappy

join:2000-10-04
North
reply to Metatron2008

You can get Snow Leopard down to 4.5GB, don't install the printer/scanner, region language packs and X11/Unix support. Afterwards delete iTunes, iCal, etc. Keep in mind if you install the update that enables the AppStore & Java Updates you'll bloat the OS to about 6-6.5GB. If space is an issue when using a MBA/rMBP, stick with Leopard(5GB) and run it off a class 10 SDHC card (Leopard/SL is about Core Solo/Duo-ish 1.8Ghz in most VMs so using a fast SDHC card isn't going to ding performance much more)

I just had done this on my new 15" MBP, found out I had a few too many PPC era apps on my old 2010 MBP

Metatron2008
Premium
united state

I wouldn't want to put a newer OS on an sd card (Well, I could always get a sandisk 95 mb/s extreme pro....).

However, I have a ton of virtualized os's, and I could put a majority of this list on an sd card:

J E F F
Premium
Kitchener, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..

1 edit

What can you get working on Chrome? I installed it, found it to be useless. The browser works...and everything is run from the browser, but I couldn't get any apps installed...at all.
--

Metatron2008
Premium
united state

Nothing, I'm probably going to delete it for another linux distro later on.

I just installed it and basically messed with it a little bit... I haven't messed with it in days. It took me a while to get Windows 95 to install (Mainly due to it being an upgrade). I Couldn't get cdrom drivers to work in windows 3.11 either...

I ended up making a new partition with dos floppy drive boot drivers (That have working cdrom drivers), and connected the windows 3.11 partition as a secondary hard drive.

But then I ran into a Windows Protection Error, which actually seems to be very common when installing virtual machines:

»www.google.com/search?q=windows+···ie=UTF-8

I ended up fixing it on accident... On a reboot after failure to boot, it asks you to load safe mode, blah blah blah, I usually picked safe mode. One time I picked load from dos, then I loaded windows...

It loaded the rest of the drivers and it works ever since.