sunday8pm

join:2010-05-24

1 edit

[Internet] Nevermind

Nevermind

squircle

join:2009-06-23
Oakville, ON

Re: [Internet] Find the password for default user sc2864n?

It's hard-coded in the firmware; there's no way to retrieve it via the web interface. The text behind the password characters is just 4 asterisks.

coaxguy

join:2009-07-29
kudos:1

What do you hope to accomplish with it? The user name and password mix is used to login and redirect to the provisioning page only.

BliZZardX
Premium
join:2002-08-18
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile

I'm pretty sure it's encrypted, but it doesn't have much use besides updating firmware and browsing to the provisioning page
--
Fiber Optics are the future of high-speed internet access. Stop by the BBR »Fiber Optic Forum.

sunday8pm

join:2010-05-24
reply to coaxguy

I would like to educate myself on how to do this sort of things

zacron
Premium
join:2008-11-26
canada

I unfortunately am unable to provide any help on that. Nor the firmware; when I moved, I did a massive purge (and the ball and chain threw out my box of external hdds).

Zacron
--
"Recognize, Realize, and Repent"

QuantumPimp

join:2012-02-19
Reviews:
·voip.ms
reply to sunday8pm

said by sunday8pm:

I would like to educate myself on how to do this sort of things

Not certain what kind of experience you're looking to gain. I don't think you're given a password prompt so normal password cracking tools won't work without some effort.

You'd first have to get a firmware image, unpack it, then start poking around. If the firmware designers are careless then just dumping strings from the image may dump the password. Most use PKI so you need to find the encrypted string, the private key, and the decoding algorithm. Lots of work and frustration for almost zero payoff.

A more useful endevour would be to go play with DD-WRT or Tomato and learn how embedded linux is packaged onto these types of devices.