spc
uniqs
kitsune
join:2001-11-26
Sacramento, CA

kitsune to simiglen

to simiglen

Re: [OS X] Drive going bad??

corrupted data does not necessarily mean that the drive is going bad. Especially with an external drive. All it takes is disconnecting improperly one time to corrupt data. That being said, if you have anything important on it I would make sure that you have another copy elsewhere and keep an eye on it.
simiglen
join:2001-04-30
Simi Valley, CA

simiglen

Ok. So I bought a new drive. I tried to do a basic copy paste from old data drive to new data drive. There was a error and it only copied about 9 items.

I have Time Machine running. How do i restore just my data drive from time machine?

Thanks!
kitsune
join:2001-11-26
Sacramento, CA

kitsune

said by simiglen:

Ok. So I bought a new drive. I tried to do a basic copy paste from old data drive to new data drive. There was a error and it only copied about 9 items.

I have Time Machine running. How do i restore just my data drive from time machine?

Thanks!

Unless you removed the external drive from the exclusion list in Time machine preferences it wouldn't have been backed up.

If you did remove it, then I would enter time machine with finder opened showing the Macintosh HD. Once in Time Machine navigate to the date you want to restore. Right click the drive and choose restore to. You will then be prompted for where you want to restore the data to and you can choose your new drive.