All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
en103
join:2011-05-02

en103

[VoIP] twc voice outage socal

TWC no dialtone is SoCal /Santa Clarita ... call to TWC shows an outage in my area. Anyone know how large or MTR

kd4pba
@rr.com

kd4pba

Anon

My folks have no VOIP service in Raleigh NC, Rep said its nationwide issue.

mitchell
join:2002-06-21
Darlington, SC

mitchell to en103

to en103
Phone is down in Darlington SC too. No info on when it will be back....

I think TWC should post online any outage that covers a large area and a ETR Estimated Time to Restore along with a reason for the outage if possible.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY

hobgoblin

Premium Member

There is a nationwide outage relating to digital phone however it is not affecting all TW Digital phone subscribers. There is no current ETR.

Hob

mitchell
join:2002-06-21
Darlington, SC

mitchell

Hah! Its working again in my home... Any one else have service back?

BTW Why was the message saying Verizon Wireless...the number you have tried to reach is out of service or the number has,,,,,,, you know the message..

I'm surprized to hear Verizon Wireless on my TWC line...is this a change in the works?

thewolfman
join:2003-04-03
Niagara Falls, NY

thewolfman to en103

to en103
Still out in Buffalo NY area.

ncfamily
@rr.com

ncfamily to en103

Anon

to en103

Re: [VoIP] twc voice outage raleigh nc

still out on sunday night in raleigh - also getting the verizon wireless message when calling the number

Mvr
@rr.com

Mvr to thewolfman

Anon

to thewolfman

Re: [VoIP] twc voice outage socal

Still out in syracuse and has been for several hours
coxhaus
join:2006-03-04
Elgin, TX

coxhaus to en103

to en103
I am east of Austin Texas in Elgin and my Time Warner phone is out. It has been out all day. I called into Austin's central office and their recording is reporting an outage.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY

hobgoblin to thewolfman

Premium Member

to thewolfman
said by thewolfman:

Still out in Buffalo NY area.

As i posted before its not affecting everyone, I have been up all day!

Hob
Happydude32
Premium Member
join:2005-07-16

Happydude32 to en103

Premium Member

to en103
Bloomberg picked up the story. Upwards of a million subscribers appear to be affected. No problems here.

»www.bloomberg.com/news/2 ··· pid=yhoo

Source661
@mycingular.net

Source661 to en103

Anon

to en103
TWC Internet went out in Santa Clarita at approx 4:15 AM 4/8/13
CJ777
join:2004-10-05
Los Angeles, CA

CJ777 to en103

to en103
And I was thinking of switching to them, but I really do not trust VOIP yet. It is far from being matured. I work at a hospital that uses half VOIP (Cisco) and half TDM (NEC) and the Cisco system sucks. I think I better stay with my AT&T POTS line and unfortunately pay more, but as they say... "you get what you pay for".

Harley
@myvzw.com

Harley to en103

Anon

to en103
Was out all Sunday in NYC. I hope there's automatic credit for all affected.

DocDrew
How can I help?
Premium Member
join:2009-01-28
SoCal
Ubee E31U2V1
Technicolor TC4400
Linksys EA6900

DocDrew

Premium Member

said by Harley :

Was out all Sunday in NYC. I hope there's automatic credit for all affected.

Since it didn't affect everyone, it may be difficult for them to tell who was affected, so I doubt any automatic credits will be issued.

If you want a credit I'd call TWC.
Happydude32
Premium Member
join:2005-07-16

Happydude32 to Harley

Premium Member

to Harley
At the a la carte price of $42/month, that works out to be $1.40/day. Enjoy the buck and change credit, don't spend it all in one place.
en103
join:2011-05-02

en103

$1.42 x 800,000 users = a lotta money.

~8 years ago, when I was on POTS service, and they swapped my line in the cross connect ( then, someone working on Uverse swapped it back), killed my phone service for 4 days. I think I got back about $3
Keefer21
join:2012-07-06
Hilton, NY

Keefer21 to CJ777

to CJ777
That's totally different.. The CISCO system & TDM are SIP phone systems Not a provider of service.. or like a standard phone where each line is run directly to the phone.

Technically time warners phone services isnt exactly the traditional VOIP your thinking of. calls through digital phone aren't riding the public internet.

Sure the service hasn't matured as much as Ma bells system but its pretty refined now a days and pretty rock solid. for most people the major outage going on is the first or one of the very few outages digital phone has experienced.

The major drawback with digital phone is backup power. It all depends on level of interruption and how your cable in your area reacts to power outages. Sometimes power is injected into the cable trunk miles away from your street so if the power outage is just confined to after the power injection usually the cable stays on. Some outside cable plant equipment provides backup power but that varies system to system.

so my advice is.. do lots of research. think about how reliable your cable is in your area & how reliable your power service is and go from there with a decision.

my digital phone package give's me a basket of services i would pay 60$+ from my local exchange carrier for 19.99$ and great long distance service.

bobjohnson
Premium Member
join:2007-02-03
Spartanburg, SC

bobjohnson to mitchell

Premium Member

to mitchell
Funny you say that because my Charter phone did the same thing when it wasn't working. But my phone number is a Verizon wireless exchange. Maybe they just buy blocks of numbers from the wireless carriers?