how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

ucruzin2

join:2005-08-26
Montpelier, VA

Something is wrong somewhere

For the last few nights some things get slow. Not all sites but some site images, videos ect. It is fine during the day. All my stats are fine, tried 2 modems, speeds are fine.

When I run trace routes however I start seeing packet loss down the pipe. It seems to be at 65.113.64.197

Anyone else seeing this?

DougFunny

join:2013-04-08
Wake Forest, NC
It started out as just nights for me, now it's happening during the day. I can't connect to certain game servers now, I can't load images from certain websites and most sites load really slow. One of the games I play, I connect fine, have a good ping and no lag. Another I can't even connect. I can't load speedtest.net or use the speed test app on ipad. Forget about watching Netflix or Amazon prime, or playing games at night though. All this with a 10MB down line. I just want answers. Support is useless.

othehorror

@embarqhsd.net
reply to ucruzin2
Imgur.com, one of the most popular imaging websites, loads about as fast if not slower than dialup. Some images not even loading at all. Been like this every night for about a week now.

virtuzoso

join:2013-03-17
Hickory, NC
reply to ucruzin2
I'm having the same problem here in western NC. I watched 4 episodes of Madmen yesterday morning, but tonight and every night for the past week, not a snowball's chance in hell. Hulu Plus, imgur.com, and Amazon videos are also slow as hell. Speed test checks out as good as you can expect with century link.

ucruzin2

Montpelier, VA
Seems to be right about 8pm est. Somewhere in the pipe there is a hangup. If we are all getting decent speeds and this is occurring out of multiple CO's, it's somewhere down the chain. That ip I posted seems to be the start of it if not the actual cause. I haven't called support on this. I don't have the patience for them nor the time to go through an hour of bull to get it escalated. In which a tech will be sent out which won't do any good. Engineering needs to look at this. Maybe one of the CenturyLink people will see these posts and look into it. It's been about a week now, so it's about time it showed up on someones radar.

virtuzoso

join:2013-03-17
Hickory, NC
reply to ucruzin2
Honestly, I am about to cancel service. My internet has been extremely unreliable for nearly 2 months now. Its unusable for anything other than reddit/facebook between 6pm and midnight.

I have had techs out twice and they say " works great". Of course it does! you came at 10 AM, it works fine at 10 AM.

Last night, I couldnt use Netflix at all, so I was browsing ( slowly) around midnight, I noticed I couldnt do that anymore and windows told my I had lost internet connection. 5 minutes later, the connection was back on and miraculously, Netflix started working afterwards. Someone flipped a switch somewhere!

I dont want to call techsupport again, its useless. They always want me to reset my modem/router ( which means redoing my network) and it never fixes anything!

CenturyLink
VIP
join:2009-03-09
Boise, ID
kudos:7
reply to ucruzin2
ucruzin2, DougFunny, virtuzoso and anyone having issues with your service, our team is more than happy to help address these concerns. I am not aware of any major issues across NC or VA at this time, but it's certainly possible there is trouble and that it's more localized to you. Please send us your account information and further details on the trouble to us at TalkToUs@CenturyLink.com. We will do all we can to help out. Thank you.

Joey H
@CenturyLinkHelp Team
TalkToUs@CenturyLink.com

ucruzin2

Montpelier, VA
Thanks Joey, my issues seem to have cleared for the time being. Whatever was causing packet loss downstream seems to have cleared, I hope.

On a side note, I can say Joey and the team he is on has helped me before. If anyone can get it right, they can.

CenturyLink
VIP
join:2009-03-09
Boise, ID
kudos:7
Glad to hear things are better. We certainly do all we can to help anyone that contacts our team. I'm on the east coast too so I have a good exposure to issues in our region. Hopefully things continue to work without issue for you.

- Joey