Fair and Balanced
Premium Member
join:2001-11-14
Katy, TX

r81984 to Doctor Olds

Premium Member

to Doctor Olds

Re: *** Do Not Buy From This Company! ***

Any person who reads your previous post would think you have some kind of ties to the company such as working for them. It is not a stretch at all to come to that conclusion from what you posted.

I was completely polite to them until the manager acted like a jerk, there is no any other way to see it.

Rock Auto: Thank you for calling how can I help you.
Me: The brake pads i have do not fit and the part number does not match what is on my invoice.
Rock Auto: What is the part number?
Me: 1234pq
Rock Auto: that is the right part number
Me: no it is not. It is supposed to be 1234qp
Rock Auto: You must have ordered the wrong part number.
Me: No I did not. My invoice says the correct part number. Your picker must have read the part number wrong and pulled the wrong one. I even doubled checked on your website.
Rock Auto: Can you check the part number again?
Me: I can read it to you right off the box. 1234pq and the invoice says 1234qp
Me: Can you send me the correct parts?
Rock Auto: You will have to send your parts back to us first. Did you try to install them on your car?
Me: I have the caliper off right now and they dont fit.
Me: Can you just ship me the correct ones and put a prepaid label in the box so I can send these back at your expense??
Rock Auto: No, you must send those parts back first.
Me: You want me to pay to ship it back?
Rock Auto: Yes, that is our policy to exchange parts.
Me: It is your mistake, why should I have to pay for it?
Me: I need the correct parts and I need them quicker as I will be leaving town in 2 weeks and the first shipment took 3 weeks to get to me with the wrong parts.
Rock Auto: After receiving your parts we can only ship to you with the same shipping that was on the original order.
Me: If you did not make a mistake then I would have my parts, I need you to ship them to me by 3 day or overnight. This is your mistake.
Rock Auto: We cannot do that.
Me: It was your mistake what do you mean you cant do that?
Rock Auto: After receiving your returned parts all we can do is ship them with the same shipping as the original.
Me: but that took 3 weeks and I dont have that long
Rock Auto: there is nothing we can do
Me: I need to speak to a manager or supervisor
Rock Auto Manager: What is the problem?
Me:You guys sent me the wrong parts and the other worker said they wont ship me the correct parts until I pay to ship them back to you at my expense. Then he said he would then ship the correct parts using the same slow shipping that took 3 weeks.
Rock Auto Manager: That is correct. You have to ship the parts back to us and then we will ship them using the same shipping as the original order.
Me: But I dont want to have to pay for your mistake and wait 3 weeks.
Rock Auto Manager: That is our policy, that is all we can do.

***Now I get mad and start treating them like the jerks they are***
Me: This is your screw up. You need to fix this without having me to pay extra and without having me wait 3 more weeks.
Rock Auto Manager: That is our policy.
Me: This is your mistake you need to pay for the return shipping.
Rock Auto Manager: We cannot do that.
Me: If you are not going to correct your mistake I want a full refund so I can buy the parts locally.
Rock Auto Manager: We can only do that once we receive the original parts.
Me: I will not pay any extra.
Rock Auto Manager: We cant do anything until you ship the parts back to us.
Me: The parts you sent me are unsolicited as I did not order them. I will not pay extra to ship anything back to you. This was your mistake you need to fix it. I will ship them back only if you pay for it.
Rock Auto Manager: There is nothing I can do if you dont return the parts.
Me: I am not going to keep arguing with you. You made the mistake and want to make me pay extra. I am just going to do a chargeback, get my money back, and then buy local.
***I hang up the phone***

After I did the chargeback about 2 months later I get a call from Rock Auto.
Rock Auto Manager: This is Rock Auto. We want to talk to you about the chargeback you did for order xxxxxx. We would like that you reverse the chargeback and we can give you a full refund.
Me: There is no way I will do anything to help you out as you refused to fix my situation for your mistake. You are crazy to even be calling me. Put me on your do not call list
***I hung up***

They never bothered me again.
I was polite but they were unreasonable jerks.
I never heard of an online company that refuses to pay the return shipping for their mistake.

I still have no idea why you defend this joke of a company.

Doctor Olds
I Need A Remedy For What's Ailing Me.
Premium Member
join:2001-04-19
1970 442 W30

1 recommendation

Doctor Olds

Premium Member

said by r81984:

Any person who reads your previous post would think you have some kind of ties to the company such as working for them. It is not a stretch at all to come to that conclusion from what you posted.

Wow, really? That is quite the stretch of the imagination. How many ways can a person tell you that they are only a customer of Rock Auto (just like you yourself claim to be) and that I do not have *ANY* ties financially or otherwise to Rock Auto. So to wrap that up, I work for Rock Auto as much as you work for Rock Auto.

Any person who reads your posts here will find it very, very hard to believe that you have a "transcript" of a phone call from several Years ago. Looking back at your posts it really comes to mind a possible agenda of someone that might be employed to run a smear campaign on Rock Auto by some competitor of theirs.
tnt
join:2003-03-10

tnt

I recently received the wrong air filter. One digit off from the part I ordered. Called them and they offered to send out the correct air filter and did not want the filter I had received in error back. I have no complaints.

r81984
Fair and Balanced
Premium Member
Katy, TX

r81984 to Doctor Olds

Premium Member

to Doctor Olds
said by Doctor Olds:

said by r81984:

Wow, really? That is quite the stretch of the imagination. How many ways can a person tell you that they are only a customer of Rock Auto (just like you yourself claim to be) and that I do not have *ANY* ties financially or otherwise to Rock Auto. So to wrap that up, I work for Rock Auto as much as you work for Rock Auto.

Any person who reads your posts here will find it very, very hard to believe that you have a "transcript" of a phone call from several Years ago. Looking back at your posts it really comes to mind a possible agenda of someone that might be employed to run a smear campaign on Rock Auto by some competitor of theirs.

LOL, I just post how basically the conversation went and you knock me for it.
I dont get why you are so quick to fight for rock auto.

The way rock auto treated me was pathetic, but yet you knock me.
Normally you have have common sense and are respected with your postings, but you act different when it comes to rock auto posts.

They are just one retailer in a sea of auto parts retailers and they have very bad customer service. Its not my fault their customer service is bad.

Doctor Olds
Premium Member
1970 442 W30

1 recommendation

Doctor Olds

Premium Member

said by r81984:

LOL, I just post how basically the conversation went and you knock me for it.
I dont get why you are so quick to fight for rock auto.

The way rock auto treated me was pathetic, but yet you knock me.
Normally you have have common sense and are respected with your postings, but you act different when it comes to rock auto posts.

Believe what you wish, I'm not trying to convert you.
I find it hard to understand why they would single you out and treat myself and others so very fairly? It just doesn't add up...

r81984
Fair and Balanced
Premium Member
Katy, TX

r81984

Premium Member

You just have blinders on.
»www.resellerratings.com/ ··· RockAuto
»www.bbb.org/wisconsin/Bu ··· mplaints
Others have has same problems as me including having Rock Auto refuse to cover the return shipping for Rock Auto's mistake in sending wrong parts.
said by March 2013 BBB :
I immediately called Rock Auto and told them that my mechanic said that he could not use that part. I told the representative that I would need to return that item, he told me that I would need to pay for the return shipping. I told the rep that I disagreed with that because the part wasn't correct, he still refused
-------------------------------------

When I called on Monday, March 18, 2013 and spoke with Dan, I told him that I would be filing a complaint with the BBB and he told me to "go ahead." The employees of Rock Auto are bullies that commit fraud and hide behind the Internet. This business needs to be held accountable.
-------------------------------------
Part of response after the BBB got Rock Auto to refund the shipping.

I have reviewed the response made by the business in reference to complaint ID *******, and find that this resolution is somewhat satisfactory to me. I feel that the refund is not an additional refund, it is my complete refund. It is petty to characterize what I am due as an additional refund, therefore making it seem as though Rock Auto has went above and beyond the call of duty to ensure good customer service. When in reality I have been treated extremely rude and forced to resort to third party mediation to get an issue resolved. I also was not apologized to for the rude treatment I received from the "customer service" representatives. Thank goodness for the Better Business Bureau of Wisconsin!
In their response they were willing to refund the shipping only after the buyer removed the BBB complaint. For me they were only willing to refund or even fix their problem only if I reversed the charge back I did.
There are many others with similar complaints about wrong parts and rude customer service.

Several years later than my incident, but the same crap and rude customer service workers.

saillaw
Premium Member
join:2007-05-08
Dismay

saillaw

Premium Member

You should have gone to O'Reilly's -- they will price match, are good with returns, don't charge for shipping on special orders to the store, and usually have someone on duty who knows what they are talking about. Plus, if you do happen to run into the rare idiot/jerk behind the counter, going up the ladder sees the problem quickly remedied..... At least that is my experience.

And no, I am not being paid to say this and I don't work for them or any competitor.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

IMO if you want a standard part just go to Autozone or O'Reilly's.

If its time critical don't go online (Time critical is one thing Brick/mortar stores have going for them.)

And if its some very specific part that's not time critical and on a fairly recent model the dealer can be useful.

For ford parts I go to tituswillfordparts.com you get a better price than a normal dealer.

Doctor Olds
Premium Member
1970 442 W30

Doctor Olds to r81984

Premium Member

to r81984
said by r81984:

You just have blinders on.

Others have has same problems as me

Right. NOT the Majority. You seem to miss the fact that for every complaint there are hundreds to thousands of satisfied people that don't go to Reseller Ratings or to BBB to post that they are satisfied. Sorry but you are wasting your time here. I know better and my personal, UN-reimbursed experience is not like yours, but I'm very satisfied with my orders from Rock Auto.