how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

lewism

join:2008-04-25
Brossard, QC

[FTTH] 261 MBPS on a 50/50 plan !?!?

I was downloading on usenet earlier and my app showed a download speed of 150 Mbps.

I started some speed tests:

Did they update the 50/50 package?

BliZZardX
Premium
join:2002-08-18
Toronto, ON
You may have been selected to test higher speeds. I don't like non-symmetrical packages though so I hope they don't release this. It was rumoured a 1Gbit package would come to FTTH in the next few years.
--
Fiber Optics are the future of high-speed internet access. Stop by the BBR »Fiber Optic Forum.

Frank_IT
Premium
join:2003-11-01
Montreal
reply to lewism
If you are like me, that what I got when I was installed. The speed came back to normal 4-5 days later

KeoRS

join:2013-04-02
Gatineau, QC
reply to lewism
Mannnnn... every day I look to see if Fibe is available at my house. But noooo, I must endure 3.4mbps for now The performance you're getting makes me sad (for me)... really happy for ya though!

Kev

Seb851
Future Shop Staff

join:2010-07-12
Sainte-Marthe-Sur-Le-Lac, QC
reply to Frank_IT
said by Frank_IT:

If you are like me, that what I got when I was installed. The speed came back to normal 4-5 days later

Tu la toujours ton 261 mbps mais ils est limité par ton b1

lewism

join:2008-04-25
Brossard, QC
reply to lewism
I was installed in June last year. This is not a profile from a new install.

kovy7

join:2009-03-26
kudos:8
reply to lewism
Probably no speed policy on the user ID.

Martin
Premium
join:2005-05-05
@bell.ca
kudos:3
reply to lewism
When the robot go to your profile in a few days after install your speed will be adjusted for the package you have chosen.

Simba7
I Void Warranties

join:2003-03-24
Billings, MT
reply to lewism
I'd say, use it while you can.

coaxguy

join:2009-07-29
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Bell Fibe
·Start Communicat..
reply to Martin
said by Martin:

When the robot go to your profile in a few days after install your speed will be adjusted for the package you have chosen.

As he said above, he's had the service for over 10 months, it wasn't a new install

despe666

join:2009-06-20
Montreal, QC
said by coaxguy:

As he said above, he's had the service for over 10 months, it wasn't a new install

How long will it last now that he posted about it in a Bell monitored forum? He was also nice enough to post his exact result from the BELL OPERATED speed test. Bet he entered his actual phone number when they asked too. Can't believe some people.

Jurjen

join:2010-08-18
Montreal, QC
Yet, he didn't post any privacy-sensitive data here, so how does Bell know where to look apart from that it has to be a 50/50-paying client in Brossard?

despe666

join:2009-06-20
Montreal, QC
How many 50/50 clients in Brossard scored exactly 261.95/57.21 on their speed test? You think they don't log those tests?

rickyfk

join:2013-04-01
reply to lewism
well i had bell for 2 month's now i just ran a speed test here what speed's im getting and i have the 25/10

»www.speedtest.net/result/2637388711.png

Jurjen

Montreal, QC
reply to despe666
So a Bell employee will see this.

Condition 1: employee must give a damn about this. If he/she does:

Condition 2: needs to find the right department to send this information to.

Condition 3: at the other department the person must give a damn about this.

Condition 4: that person must then contact the department that manages logs and have it find the right info. Might take long, depending on how well their logs are searchable, so:

Condition 5: nobody gives up during the search.

Come on, we're talking about Bell here! Everybody screams that they've become to big to do anything right, so why would they bother with such a little thing? As long as the UP is not the next Angelo, he'll probably be fine.

Jurjen

Montreal, QC
reply to despe666
Sorry, glitch in the website.

BigWater

join:2002-11-20
Sherbrooke, QC
reply to rickyfk
said by rickyfk:

well i had bell for 2 month's now i just ran a speed test here what speed's im getting and i have the 25/10

»www.speedtest.net/result/2637388711.png

[att=1]

Wow! Holly moly! men it's fast for residential and fast for what you paid for... you could start reselling bandwitdh to businesses around ;P