uniqs

KoRnGtL15
Premium Member
join:2007-01-04
Grants Pass, OR

KoRnGtL15 to Ryan818

Premium Member

to Ryan818

Re: [Speed Issues] Grants Pass, OR still getting slow speeds....

Click for full size
9:06 pm
I will be going in Monday or Tuesday to my local office and follow up. I am at the point of wanting to refuse payment until its fixed. Even web pages are slow to load.
calc1
join:2009-02-19
Beverly Hills, CA

calc1

My thread....»[Speed Issues] Nightly slow speeds...

As of tonight...
»speedtest.ookla.com/resu ··· 1394.png

Looks like you're having a pretty damn good night in comparison.

Please let us know how the local office visit goes, I'd also like to refuse payment.

cork1958
Cork
Premium Member
join:2000-02-26

cork1958 to KoRnGtL15

Premium Member

to KoRnGtL15
said by KoRnGtL15:

I will be going in Monday or Tuesday to my local office and follow up. I am at the point of wanting to refuse payment until its fixed. Even web pages are slow to load.

So,
What happened when you went into the office on Monday or Tuesday? Yes, I know today is Tuesday!

Inquiring minds would like to know!

KoRnGtL15
Premium Member
Grants Pass, OR

KoRnGtL15

Premium Member

That was last Tuesday. I am still dealing with these a holes!

»[Speed Issues] Nightly slow speeds..

cork1958
Cork
Premium Member

cork1958

Premium Member

said by KoRnGtL15:

Yes,
I knew that was last Tuesday which is why I though maybe you were giving them another week to sort things out and also mentioned that I knew it was Tuesday when I posted and that you may not have made it there yet. Just to clarify.

KoRnGtL15
Premium Member
Grants Pass, OR

KoRnGtL15

Premium Member

I am now waiting for the "call" to let me know what finally is the problem. Followed up through my local office. Will post when I hear more.
said by cork1958:

said by KoRnGtL15:

Yes,
I knew that was last Tuesday which is why I though maybe you were giving them another week to sort things out and also mentioned that I knew it was Tuesday when I posted and that you may not have made it there yet. Just to clarify.

cork1958
Cork
Premium Member

cork1958

Premium Member

Definitely not moving very fast, are they, considering you started this topic on 2013-02-11?

Besides handing them money for services you aren't fully receiving, I don't think I would/could tolerate Charters incompetence in this matter as well as you are!

KoRnGtL15
Premium Member
Grants Pass, OR

KoRnGtL15

Premium Member

Its slow mo here in this small town. Tech came back today. Got readings from the street using their own equipment. Including modem and some kind of "new" meter they got. Also done the same in the house as well. And guess what? He found something not right from the street and could not say what it was. Trust me. I pushed and he would not give it up! He also seen the poor speeds from the street and our house. The street was slightly better. The house was worse. And just by him being here for the short time he was. He witnessed speed changes that fast. We are talking 8mb down and less. So, they definitely know its on their end and have a serious issue. I will know more on Wed. I am getting a discount as this continues. So, I am not paying full price atm. Feel like I should not have to pay anything. Just for the BS of me having to stay on top of it to get fixed and it taking long. I even told him once again. Even though you are troubleshooting and cant say what you found from the street. I still say its a capacity issue with the node and Charter needs to address it. He just chuckled and did not confirm/deny it. I think a lot of people jumped on that $29 30mb deal for 12 months. Now its saturated. You also notice they do not really advertise Ultra 100mb? Yeah that is because its $200 activation fee and in my area. $129.99 full price. I am only paying $84.99 since I never changed my tier and remain on the older pricing.
said by cork1958:

Definitely not moving very fast, are they, considering you started this topic on 2013-02-11?

Besides handing them money for services you aren't fully receiving, I don't think I would/could tolerate Charters incompetence in this matter as well as you are!

cork1958
Cork
Premium Member

cork1958

Premium Member

The next issue you will have is their math on calculating your "discounted" bill for credits and stuff, so watch out for that, big time also!!

I know you think I'm an idiot at times, but man, I feel for you and others, and believe it or not, I DO NOT try to be an idiot/smart ass...................... Most of the time!!

KoRnGtL15
Premium Member
Grants Pass, OR

KoRnGtL15

Premium Member

Click for full size
Woo we are rocking this evening!!!! Tomorrow I suppose to find something out. What a bunch hoops they have to go through for them to fix something like this. From what I was hearing out of the tech. Any ways. It is getting worse and worse every single day. Its to the point where it is getting useless in the evenings.

cork1958
Cork
Premium Member

cork1958

Premium Member

But, just look at that ping!! Outstanding!!

KoRnGtL15
Premium Member
Grants Pass, OR

KoRnGtL15

Premium Member

Click for full size
No kidding. Same ping and back to normal at 1:44 a.m.

cork1958
Cork
Premium Member

cork1958

Premium Member

Your connection is back to normal and mine just died for no apparent reason, for a few minutes, again!!

That's about the third time that has happened in the last week or so.

What the heck kind of stupid crap is Charter doing? I've NEVER just lost my connection like this.

At least I can now see the modem log page as that only works now a days when there are messages in the log, as per my topic here, »Can't access Zoom modem config page
Ryan818
join:2006-12-14
Medford, OR

2 edits

Ryan818 to KoRnGtL15

to KoRnGtL15
Here is an update on my end in Medford, OR. After the first tech visit speeds were great for about two weeks then the slow downs started again in the evening. I called Charter yesterday and managed to get a very nice CSR, who actually admitted that my node was very congested. She stated that there were almost 600 users actively assigned to my node and that 120% of available bandwith was in use. Not sure how that was possible, but anyway.

A service call was scheduled for this afternoon, but I got a call at 8:30 this morning that went to voicemail. I checked the message and it stated they had cancelled my service call. I call them back and they say my slow speeds were due to an outage last night. I explain that this has been going on for over three months and no outage was observed. The tech then calls me back and says that they looked at the node and took care of the saturation issues. So long story short no truck was rolled out. I guess we will see how my speeds are tonight. The CSR is supposed to call me at 8:30 tonight to check on the speeds. Very weird stuff going on at Charter these days.

Latest speed test not too shabby. My pings are higher than normal though. I used to get in the teens. »speedtest.ookla.com/resu ··· 7750.png

And this a few minutes later. Fastest speed test yet. »speedtest.ookla.com/resu ··· 3886.png

KoRnGtL15
Premium Member
Grants Pass, OR

KoRnGtL15 to cork1958

Premium Member

to cork1958
Progress has FINALLY been made. Got a hold of the tech. that has been working with me and the situation. He said 100% they found the problem and parts have been ordered. He could not tell me what the problem was. Company policy I suppose? Or he did not want to get into trouble. Here is the kicker. The other team that will be doing the fix. They would not give him a ETA when it will be fixed once the parts come in. He expected though it would be rather prompt. He is making notes for me that I am not getting full service and we will be getting another discount. He told me to give it a couple more weeks and to call him back. He hopes it would be fixed by then. Said I can also test every so often in the next 2 weeks and I will notice right away when it is fixed.
KoRnGtL15

KoRnGtL15 to Ryan818

Premium Member

to Ryan818
The true test will be between 6-10pm if they really fixed it or not for you.
Ryan818
Medford, OR

Ryan818

I agree they could just be blowing smoke in my face, but so far my speeds are into the 50 Mbps range when I am only paying for 30 Mbps. I was shocked to have them actually admit that the node was congested and that they had an issue on their end. Usually I just get the run around that it is my equipment etc. Now that I am using their modem they don't have much of an excuse. Good luck on having the repairs completed in a timely fashion.

KoRnGtL15
Premium Member
Grants Pass, OR

KoRnGtL15

Premium Member

Click for full size
Full Steam Ahead
Was it truly fixed for you? Still waiting for them to fix it on my end. I can still only hit full speeds in the early mornings when no one is on. Still hitting the 2-3mb range on the download side in the evenings.
Ryan818
Medford, OR

Ryan818

Well my speeds slow down still a bit in the evening with demand, but I am still hitting close to 60-70% of advertised speeds. The slowest I have seen in the evening is around 15/4. During the day I can hit almost 50/4. I probably average around 35/4 on a daily basis since the node congestion has been lifted. I will keep you posted if things go down hill in the next few weeks. I am hoping that things stay solid for awhile as I can finally stream movies at night without interruptions.

Speed as of 1 PM »speedtest.ookla.com/resu ··· 9338.png