Premium
join:2012-03-05
Belgrade, MT
kudos:4
reply to Koil

Re: Meeting Monday: Pay to Win, Pay to Play, Pay to Look Good

said by Koil:

said by Savious:

My wife banned me from being in Skype with her from, she said those are words I don't need to hear.

Soooo...your wife kicked you out of the room so she can cyb0rsex0r ppl on Skype? Damn, son.

No! Im not allowed to go into Aftershock Conf anymore because Antonica swears more than my First Sergeant in Iraq.
--
"This thread has more subs than the actual game." Phantasee, in reference to SWTOR

ekster
Hi there
Premium
join:2010-07-16
Lachine, QC
kudos:3

Antonica swears? Never noticed it.

Koil
Premium
join:2002-09-10
Irmo, SC
kudos:2

said by ekster:

No shit? Me fuckin either.

Savious
Premium
Belgrade, MT

Theres a big difference between swearing and making the devil cringe.

Blockfire
Sarcasm is my native tongue

join:2010-02-11
Wichita, KS
kudos:1

how can your wife hear Antonica?? are you one of those people who use their speakers?

Savious
Premium
Belgrade, MT

said by Blockfire:

how can your wife hear Antonica?? are you one of those people who use their speakers?

Whoa whoa whoa. What do you mean by "those people"?
--
"This thread has more subs than the actual game." Phantasee, in reference to SWTOR

ekster
Hi there
Premium
Lachine, QC

Those people that no one likes and who annoy everyone due to feedback.

Blockfire
Sarcasm is my native tongue

join:2010-02-11
Wichita, KS

said by ekster:

exactly

Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
join:2002-10-11
Tyrinaria

said by Blockfire:

said by ekster:

exactly

HEY!
--
Play DSLr Mafia: »Pub Games

Savious
Premium
Belgrade, MT
reply to ekster

said by ekster:

Everyone loves listening to my dubstep while I talk.
--

Thaler
Premium
join:2004-02-02
Los Angeles, CA

Wub wub.

Meningitis
Hi
Premium
join:2009-03-06
Places

Rusko, right? That's my favorite song.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
join:2001-11-26
Earth
kudos:19
reply to ekster

said by ekster:

The words that come out of her mouth are as pure as an angel's asshole.
--
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -MLK

Savious
Premium
Belgrade, MT

TheThing

join:2012-08-10
reply to Savious

League of Legends has the best free to play model currently.

Guild Wars 2 doesn't even come close... Guild Wars 2 is pay cash to get gems, use gems to get RNG chance at item.

Path of Exile free to play model > GW2

Path of Exile you can buy skins directly, should be the same for GW2

KrK
Heavy Artillery For The Little Guy
Premium
join:2000-01-17
Tulsa, OK
reply to Savious

The LoL model is *extremely* profitable, but it's not workable for all game types.

You can work in some custom bling or skins or etc to many games, but as a sustainable model for the game to make money long term it's not always possible, because some games you can't just keep adding new bling to keep revenue coming in.

Ironically, in their need to DRM and control the usage of every title ("To fight piracy") they have also made supporting games long term more expensive. They have to maintain and run servers to support the games and the DRM and the users, creating fixed costs they have to pay. Whereas before users could run servers and host servers and any costs involved fell on the users, not the publisher.
--
"Fascism should more properly be called corporatism because it is the merger of state and corporate power." -- Benito Mussolini

KrK
Heavy Artillery For The Little Guy
Premium
join:2000-01-17
Tulsa, OK
reply to Savious

said by Savious:

Lay off the caviar, bro. That's insane.

Bought groceries lately? Actual real meals that are healthy for a family?

$700, he's getting by cheap.
--
"Fascism should more properly be called corporatism because it is the merger of state and corporate power." -- Benito Mussolini

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12

1 recommendation

We pay about $700-800 for a household of 3-4 each month (SIL kinda floats in and out, so she doesn't always count), and that's just shopping at Wal-Mart and Costco for food. If we shopped exclusively at Whole Foods or Wegman's, it would probably be a couple hundred more.
--
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
Tyrinaria

Household of 4, budget $400 per month. Sharp Shopper for most of it (cheap store - check those expiration dates!), Dollar Store for some (tooth brushes, tissues, etc), Giant for general food stuffs and things you want the name brand for, and Karns for meats. Of course, 2 of the 4 are under 8, but they still eat like little horses.

Edit - These are for real meals. Wife cooks almost every night. I supplement with fish I catch (when I catch them), and meat from hunting (I sucked last year, but cousins had lots to share). We don't buy much in snacks or sodas.
--

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit

Well, we have a 16 year old that eats for two of us, and a 20 year old that eats nearly as much yet barely breaks 110. We buy lots of fresh fruits/veggies/meats (and frozen meats like bags of chicken and fish from Costco). No hunting/fishing for us, though, haven't touched any gathering skills in a while.
--
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
Tyrinaria

OT - That's another thing. We have so many farmer's markets around here, and the fresh fruits and veggies aren't too highly priced. I can see how the cost would increase with a 16 year old and a 20 year old. Sounds like you shop like us, though. Looking for the deals and getting good food instead of filler snack crap. Who needs snacks when you have a beer budget.....
--

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit

said by Kristopher:

OT - That's another thing. We have so many farmer's markets around here, and the fresh fruits and veggies aren't too highly priced. I can see how the cost would increase with a 16 year old and a 20 year old. Sounds like you shop like us, though. Looking for the deals and getting good food instead of filler snack crap. Who needs snacks when you have a beer budget.....

I usually get looks from the cashier when I check out at Wal Mart with nothing but fruits/veggies/meat/dairy alongside all the whales and hippos with their 12-packs of soda and chips and boxed snacks stacked into the little front basket of the motorized scooter.
--

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth
reply to KrK

said by KrK:

The LoL model is *extremely* profitable, but it's not workable for all game types.

That's because League is an innovative and fun game to play. These other games are "kind of" fun, but they're not as revolutionary as League of Legends. The predecessor to League was a Warcraft 3 mod/map. Up until that point, they're the first and most successful front-runner on a new genre.

You can work in some custom bling or skins or etc to many games, but as a sustainable model for the game to make money long term it's not always possible, because some games you can't just keep adding new bling to keep revenue coming in.

Yes you can. New games can always add new content with new pay features. League does it. Others do it as well.
--
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -MLK

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth
reply to KrK

said by KrK:

That's because League is an innovative and fun game to play. These other games are "kind of" fun, but they're not as revolutionary as League of Legends. The predecessor to League was a Warcraft 3 mod/map. Up until that point, they're the first and most successful front-runner on a new genre.

Yes you can. New games can always add new content with new pay features. League does it. Others do it as well.
--

ekster
Hi there
Premium
Lachine, QC
Reviews:
·FreePhoneLine
reply to Kristopher

Since it's already OT... Speaking of farmer's markets, we have a deal with a specific farm. For about $600, we get freshly picked veggies and fruits all grown on that one farm every single week for the whole season (usually around July to Nov) and they give enough for 3-4 people. We usually end up giving something away to our parents or my brother's family every week. Plus their stuff lasts at least 2-3 weeks longer than anything in the grocery store.

Food's a 1000 times better, fresh, we get all sorts of different stuff that you can never find in the supermarket, and it turns out to be pretty cheap too, considering the quantity, the quality and the type of food...

Makes the winter really hard though, going back to the generic crappy food in the super market. :\

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth
reply to Krisnatharok

said by Krisnatharok:

Well, we have a 16 year old that eats for two of us, and a 20 year old that eats nearly as much yet barely breaks 110. We buy lots of fresh fruits/veggies/meats (and frozen meats like bags of chicken and fish from Costco). No hunting/fishing for us, though, haven't touched any gathering skills in a while.

I'm in Kristopher's neighborhood for food costs. It's about $100 a month per person. For us, that's $500. We range probably a little higher than that because not a single month goes by where we don't have friends or family visiting or staying over.
--

ekster
Hi there
Premium
Lachine, QC
reply to Kristopher

duped post

diablo1892
Plough, sew, water, harvest. Repeat.

join:2011-04-21
Friendly, WV
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
·HughesNet Satell..
reply to Krisnatharok

said by Krisnatharok:

said by Kristopher:

I usually get looks from the cashier when I check out at Wal Mart with nothing but fruits/veggies/meat/dairy alongside all the whales and hippos with their 12-packs of soda and chips and boxed snacks stacked into the little front basket of the motorized scooter.

People here buy cart's FILLED with bananas and oranges and some others. My brother lives off this fruit stuff, canalop, fruit smoothies, lots of organic spring mix, pistachio's, lots of healthy yoghourts, beans, pea's and about 10 other things.. Can't quite think of them
--
HT1000/ BeamID 32/ Power Max plan/ 4 pcs on a D-Link wired switch/ wireless D-Link router with password

Support only the gaming company's that matter the most, pay for something that actually is worth buying or has a good reason for how much it's worth.

Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
Tyrinaria
reply to ekster

I need to look into that. It's available here, but storage may be an issue, as I've heard from friends who have done it. I don't have an extra freezer yet. Maybe when I get one, I'll look into actually doing this. It makes sense from a cost perspective, not to mention FRESH FRUITS AND VEGGIES!
--

SixOfNine
Brake In A Ladylike Manner.
Premium
join:2001-08-30
Sterling, VA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Krisnatharok

said by Krisnatharok:

We pay about $700-800 for a household of 3-4 each month (SIL kinda floats in and out, so she doesn't always count), and that's just shopping at Wal-Mart and Costco for food. If we shopped exclusively at Whole Foods or Wegman's, it would probably be a couple hundred more.

Yeah, the grocery bill for our family of five in the same neck of the woods as you is probably proportionately more, if not higher. Our oldest child is a skinny 15-year-old son who only stops eating to sleep.
--
Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.