Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
join:2001-11-26
Earth
kudos:19
reply to Savious

Re: Meeting Monday: Pay to Win, Pay to Play, Pay to Look Good

From a player's perspective, I value the way that League of Legends does their system. I'd like to say that Mech Warrior does the same, but they do a lot of things wrong.

League offers a lot of the same cosmetic updates, with some game boosting updates, but at no point can you purchase anything that gives you a competitive advantage that someone.

MWO blurs that line a little, but nothing that is of significance. Also, I think that MWO prices things way too much on the expensive side. League lets you buy things for a buck or two or upwards of 20-30 bucks. MWO has you spending up to 30-40$ just for a single mech. Dumb.
--
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -MLK

Ghastlyone
Premium
join:2009-01-07
Las Vegas, NV
kudos:5

Path of Exile is the same way. It's damn expensive for certain cosmetic upgrades. Anywhere from 20-40 dollars for one skin if I remember correctly.

I like the GW2 system, with the 2 currency system, which I think gives players more options. You can farm gold and then convert your gold to gems for the online store.