North, VA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Millenicom

2 edits
reply to kherr

Re: My HVAC condensate line connects to sewer line

said by kherr:

How do you know that he didn't use clear to prevent a messy job. We use clear all the time in exposed areas.

»www.pexsupply.com/PVC-Primer-1419000

PVC Primer

This category includes Clear PVC Primer and Purple PVC Primer. PVC Primer is the recommended method to soften and prepare surface of PVC pipe and fittings (all sizes and Schedules) before applying solvent cements. Meets ASTM F656.

»www.cloroben.com/products/pipecement.html

Hercules UnPurple Primer is designed to be used anywhere that regular purple primer can be used. Instead of being colored purple, a clear primer with a unique patented ultraviolet sensitive ingredient reveals its purple presence under UV light, helping to prevent staining and the resulting property damage. Patented Unpurple Primer is designed to work identically to other PVC/CPVC primers. No new technique is involved in the installation or testing. Simply apply as any other primer would be used.

This product meets standards set by the National Sanitation Foundation (NSF), and the specifications of the American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) as required by the Uniform Plumbing Code of the International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials (IAPMO).
Primer color: Clear: VOC Level: 510 gpl

robbin
Premium,MVM
join:2000-09-21
Leander, TX
kudos:1
reply to kherr

said by kherr:

How do you know that he didn't use clear to prevent a messy job. We use clear all the time in exposed areas.

While the pics aren't extremely clear, there does not appear to be any smearing of the ink as there would be if a proper application of primer had been used.

bcool
Premium
join:2000-08-25
The Ozarks
reply to bcool

last joint in condensate line before sewer connection
Regarding "primer" question, see if this pic is better

I do have my own plumber who says he can fix this so that it is
correct as so many of you have cited.

Thanks all.