spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

jackal40

join:2013-01-16

Intermitent Fioptics TV Service

Starting this morning, one of my two STBs started telling me to call to order basic channels. After waiting on hold for 40+ minutes, I was able to speak with a tech support rep. He explained that they are currently experiencing some sort of network problem which is causing this issue for some STBs but not others. There is no estimate of when the issue will be fixed.

So, no service for which I am paying and I'm out 40 minutes of my prepaid cell phone minutes. I'm really getting tired of CB!

ChrisDG74

join:2010-05-27
Cincinnati, OH
There was an update last night, and, as is usually the case, it FUBAR-ed the TV portion.

CinciBell

@cinbell.com
reply to jackal40
Hi Jackal40,

My name is Katie and I work for Cincinnati Bell. Earlier today, Cincinnati Bell discovered that a problem with some customers' set top boxes was preventing access to certain channels. The problem has been resolved, but if you are still having issues accessing channels, please unplug your box from the wall or from behind the box, wait several seconds, and plug the box back in. This should synchronize the box back to a normal state. If this does not solve the problem, please call 513-565-9890.

Thanks,

Katie
Cincinnati Bell
Social Media Team

jackal40

join:2013-01-16
reply to jackal40
Katie,

I did both of those, with no success. However, the next morning the TV was back to normal.

Why is it every time CB rolls out an update, it seems to break things?

medsec75

join:2013-04-16
reply to CinciBell
Had issue with Fioptics TV sound breaking up then picture. Got a "tech guy" on the phone that connectd remotely and fixed it--for a hot minute. couple days later, same thing. Scheduled service to come. He replaced a cable that runs from box to whatever is across the room. Working fine--until we had a storm that interrupted electric service. Now can't get it back; called and went thru all the push buttons only to have it say there were ISSUES and to call back later--never got connected to a tech rep.
The online info on the TV is a joke