Wichita, KS

1 recommendation

Blockgorilla to diablo18926

to diablo18926

Re: Meeting Monday: Pay to Win, Pay to Play, Pay to Look Good

said by diablo18926:

said by Raible:

said by Krisnatharok:

$500-600, easily, over the 12-18 months I played it.

Holy shit dude.

wow thats 5 runs to the grocery store to get groceries (in an entire year) and this is excluding the phone/internet bill... how are you guys able to do this??

must be VERY expensive...

how much do you spend going out on dates/movies/bars/hobbies?

I get a little irritated when i see comments like this, (not aimed at you directly) but I used to play softball like a maniac. I bought a new bat every year, gloves, cleats, snacks, gas, etc for this was easily a couple hundred dollars a month. It's not any different than anyone else's hobby, like golf, cars, MTG, pretty much anything anyone can be into that's not their job (unless your frickin lucky). On the whole, I would bet it's cheaper than most other hobbies.

At worse, Krisn averaged $50 a month (12 months) or $30 a month (18 months) on a hobby. to an established person, I don't believe this is anything to sneeze at.

Savious
Premium Member
join:2012-03-05
Billings, MT

Savious

Premium Member

said by Blockgorilla:

At worse, Krisn averaged $50 a month (12 months) or $30 a month (18 months) on a hobby. to an established person, I don't believe this is anything to sneeze at.

I think you mean "its something to sneeze over."

diablo18926
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise
join:2011-04-21
Friendly, WV

diablo18926 to Blockgorilla

to Blockgorilla
said by Blockgorilla:

I get a little irritated when i see comments like this, (not aimed at you directly) but I used to play softball like a maniac. I bought a new bat every year, gloves, cleats, snacks, gas, etc for this was easily a couple hundred dollars a month. It's not any different than anyone else's hobby, like golf, cars, MTG, pretty much anything anyone can be into that's not their job (unless your frickin lucky). On the whole, I would bet it's cheaper than most other hobbies.

dates: don't have one, i don't spend any time loving up a woman, women are no good, trouble (no offense to any laddies that might be in here)

movies: there usually a sham, no good.. I get rented movies from the redbox and watch them. Much better, you don't get into fights with others, would'nt be so crowded, kids yelling or picking on you.

bars: don't go to any, not quite of age yet but if i were, i still would'nt cause of bar fights and i don't like being around unknown other people.

hobbies: I get my bicycle out of the building, get a fishing pole and put it on the back of my bike inside a crate i have installed on it and head out to the creek or river.. and of course, times when i just like to ride going fast.

I don't regularly spend nothing at all in fact but i will if i need to, yes i still live under mothers roof):

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

said by diablo18926:

dates: don't have one, i don't spend any time loving up a woman, women are no good, trouble (no offense to any laddies that might be in here)

You're a little young to be making declaratory statements like that. On the other hand, maybe not...
Krisnatharok

Krisnatharok to Blockgorilla

Premium Member

to Blockgorilla
said by Blockgorilla:

I get a little irritated when i see comments like this

I agree. I do well for myself, college graduated and over five years into my career, my wife is almost done her BA and is already nearly matching my salary even without her degree (she chose to go into IT security), we rent, and have one child (adopted). Since we work very close, we make one car work, and that car is certainly not a money sink (we chose a commuter car over something more expensive).

Together, we make over six figures, and computers and tech gear are hobbies to both of us. I don't rebuild 60's Mustangs and Camaros in the garage, I build computers.

We also have largely stopped going to the movies, given the increase in price and relative decline in movie quality (or perhaps we're just getting older and pickier). We are much happier watching new releases for $4 on Amazon or $2 at Redbox.

So put into perspective like that, $30-50 a month for combined gaming costs isn't going to break the bank.