spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Haiman

join:2013-04-08

Negotiating a discount

Hi, I am trying to order service to a business address and Verizon wants to charge me an extra $150 in setup fees.

Has anyone successfully negotiated a discount on a new account? So far I tried I fishing around for a discount by asking if there were any "promotions running" and got a stiff "no" response.

DC DSL
There's a reason I'm Command.
Premium
join:2000-07-30
Washington, DC
kudos:2
If you currently have business service with AT&T or one of the various CLECs, you *MIGHT* be able to finagle a deal. If you already have some rough numbers on what service w/VZ will run you, "AT&T is upping my price to $[something a few bucks below VZ]. I am not real thrilled with them. What would comparable service cost with you be?" Taking DSL in the mix also usually sweetens them up.

However...

If you're not in a major business city, or are anywhere Comcast is a significant player, they might just yawn, scratch themselves, and say: "Sorry...were you saying something?"

If you tell us where you're located someone may be able to provide additional information.
--
"Dance like the photo isn't being tagged; love like you've never been unfriended; and tweet like nobody is following."

Haiman

join:2013-04-08
Hi, I'm in Santa Fe Springs, CA. I'm in an industrial zone--there are NO other options other than $200+/mo T1 lines. The good news is that they don't know that because ATT and the cable providers are covering areas as close as 3 blocks away (I already inquired about running new lines to my property--it'll cost tens of thousands so I'm not considering it)

DC DSL
There's a reason I'm Command.
Premium
join:2000-07-30
Washington, DC
kudos:2
VZ probably can tell from the service location that they're pretty much your only option. I'd bite the bullet and shell out the $150...heck of a lot better than having nothing, or plunking down megabucks. Besides, this is business not residential service.

BTW, are you bundling voice or just Internet? They had a promo here in the National Capital Area for 2 voice lines and DSL for $79.99/mo with no additional fees. I don't know if that ended 3/31 since I haven't seen the commercial since.
--
"Dance like the photo isn't being tagged; love like you've never been unfriended; and tweet like nobody is following."

AMDUSER
Premium
join:2003-05-28
Earth,
kudos:1
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·Time Warner Cable

1 recommendation

reply to Haiman
Try using one of their resellers to get lower setup costs..

»www.dslextreme.com/dsl/business ..
- Click the link that says view Verizon pricing. The only thing they charge for is shipping the modem, [1 time- use tax], plus the monthly charge [and network access fee per month].

Out of pocket it would be about $20 somthing or so + montly service costs- depending on how fast of internet you sign up for.