how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Dliv

join:2010-03-29
Lutherville Timonium, MD

Verify Email address

Did anyone get an email from Verizon, asking them to verify there email username and password.

chewypgh

join:2007-12-17
Pittsburgh, PA

Verizon does not ask for your username and password. Delete the email immediately.

HenryFarpolo
Premium
join:2003-08-31
Andover, MA

Verizon sent out a recent e-mail regarding modification of server settings, but having nothing to do with user name and password.

As chew says, ignore and delete.

louist
And So It Goes
Premium
join:2001-12-01
Oakland Gardens, NY
reply to Dliv

Run don't walk. You are being "socially engineered". -Never respond at all to such requests from ANYONE.

Mac973

join:2009-05-18
West Orange, NJ
reply to Dliv

No legitimate company will ever ask you to verify a username or password via email.

Strommy

join:2010-04-23
King Of Prussia, PA
reply to Dliv

said by Dliv:

Did anyone get an email from Verizon, asking them to verify there email username and password.

100% scam, as MAC said, no legitmate company would EVER ask you for that.

wmcbrine
213 251 145 96

join:2002-12-30
Laurel, MD
kudos:1
reply to Dliv

said by Dliv:

No, and neither did you.
--
09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

billhere

join:2011-10-21
Santa Monica, CA

I know Verizon and others don't work this way, but if I got an email from Verizon asking me to verify user name and password I would assume they already know that both are correct. Therefore no reply is even necessary.

You might, however, want to let Verizon know about the bogus email, although it's likely they already know about it.

join:2013-04-08
reply to Dliv

Delete that email. It's a scam!

shark2k

join:2008-06-01
West Orange, NJ
reply to Dliv

When you get emails like this check where the URL of the link is going to. More than likely it is going to be somewhere that is not Verizon, but you can't tell that obviously because they use a link in a word/words. Depending on what you are using you can either hover over the link and it might show the actual URL (this should work in Outlook for instance) or if using a web mail client it might show up in the lower right/left corner of the screen. Another option is to copy the hyperlink and past it into a text document to see what it says.

As for the email you received, I also received one from Verizon Wirelss (to my gmail account ironically) and it was pointing to r57.bz/mmmnmkn.php not to the text they made a hyperlink to.

-Shark2k

birdfeedr
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-11
Warwick, RI
kudos:9
reply to Dliv

said by Dliv:

You mean like this? »[WARNING] christmas phish

Somebody even fell for it.
Maybe more than one.

Suspicious emails should always get scrutiny by looking at the source, including where it comes from. Although, once in a while, something gets through.