spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

yolarry

join:2007-12-29
Creston, WV

[HN7000S] Just cancel Hughesnet. Thanks everyone!

So its finally come to the end. I switching to frontier broadband until they finish up DSL.

I want to thank everyone for helping me and putting up with this service.

gwalk
Premium
join:2005-07-27
West Mich.
yolarry, thats great !
Don't forget to come back and visit..even if for nothing more than to gloat.

Good Luck !

diablo1892
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise

join:2011-04-21
Friendly, WV
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
·HughesNet Satell..
reply to yolarry
I know I would still be around, for sure.. People with this service deserve so much for paying up the arse for it and don't get any good CS from there own website.. sad. (if that day ever even get's here)

I'll even keep my bandwidth monitor.. No one likes a bandwidth hog

Anyway great to hear you got something better, hopefully you like it better than hughes witch i'm more than positive you will(:

Anyway have a great evening..
--
HT1000/ BeamID 32/ Power Max plan/ 4 pcs on a D-Link wired switch/ wireless D-Link router with password

Support only the gaming company's that matter the most, pay for something that actually is worth buying or has a good reason for how much it's worth.

yolarry

Creston, WV
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
·HughesNet Satell..
reply to yolarry
Frontier broadband seems to be Hughesnet Gen4 but without the contract. which is pretty cool. DSL be here in next couple months so this is going to be a backup deal and they will switch me over to DSL with no additional charges.

Hughesnet billing said I can call in and switch back to HN7000S within 45 days. I guess they not going to stop you from getting rid of the HN7000S users.

So I not leaving Hughesnet I guess.. for awhile. Frontier still putting up fiber optic lines.
--
HN7000S 5.8.0.82 - 99 West 1370 MHz - .74m Dish - 1.5mbps down 196kbps up with 375MB CAP - installed October 2007 - Repair September 20011 - Linksys N3000 DD-WRT & WRT54G DD-WRT at neighbors house

Tweakbl

join:2008-09-25
Rosedale, WV
Reviews:
·HughesNet Satell..

2 edits
Yolarry. I am still here in Rosedale. Fiber is ran. DSLAM on a brand new shiny Concrete Pad. Electric box on the pole for power. They still have not flipped the switch on. I am still on Hughes.
I have called (Frontier) repeatedly and asked. I was told by a lineman that every-time they go to turn it on, they got to fix something else somewhere else. Beginning to think they installed all this just to get the Stimulus Money and meet the Contract Obligation. With no intent of flipping it on.

With that said. I know loads of folks are not happy with HN. But they have been good to me and I have made some friends in the community. I was taken aback a bit by Marsh's Passing. He was a nice guy.
I am also 90% of the time my own Tech support. As I work with Computers and understand caps and things. So that eases the transition from Computer Newbie to Guru.

Hope you get Fiber. I hear they are shooting for 20 Mbps but I would be happy with 3.0 Mbps out here.

yolarry

Creston, WV
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
·HughesNet Satell..
reply to yolarry
Rosedale? I got family living over there (my mom) and they can get dsl? odd and that's what one the techs told me. shooting for 6 mbps or 25 mbps. I got a friend working with them and said they will active it once the fiber installed within a couple weeks or a month. I only 13 miles from Elizabeth and Grantsville (living in wirt county)

Frontier tech post to come out tomorrow and going to storm this evening. I hope this weather doesn't effect him pointing to Gen4 sat.
--
HN7000S 5.8.0.82 - 99 West 1370 MHz - .74m Dish - 1.5mbps down 196kbps up with 375MB CAP - installed October 2007 - Repair September 20011 - Linksys N3000 DD-WRT & WRT54G DD-WRT at neighbors house

diablo1892
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise

join:2011-04-21
Friendly, WV
kudos:1
The signal sat for the HT is extremely fragile like..
It don't play to well with the weather.

yolarry

Creston, WV
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
·HughesNet Satell..

2 edits
reply to yolarry
Well I finally got switch. Installer was a frontier guy. I'm actually surprised.

said by diablo1892:

The signal sat for the HT is extremely fragile like..
It don't play to well with the weather.

Well the new transmit on my old HN7000S setup was very fragie too. unlike the old.
--

CarlM

@direcway.com
My speednet test showed almost the same numbers. With the exception that the 10 is replaced by 0. My speed is 0.45 on a good day only.

My service contract is for the older download is 250 a day, with unlimited nighttime. The new contracts are just a multiple of the old with the exception that there is a night time max now.

waytim

join:2011-12-01
Sterling, MI
reply to yolarry
I'm on Frontier Broadband Gen4 but they still put me on a 2 year contract.. they said they would switch me over for free when DSL is available, which is probably never since they can get away with charging me 70 a month for a 10gb cap.

silbaco
Premium
join:2009-08-03
USA
But Frontier isn't pocketing $70 per month. Their slice of the pie is probably pretty small.

AgedPumpkin

join:2013-07-03
reply to Tweakbl
Tweakbl,

I'm from Rosedale as well. Since you seem to be more "in the know" than I am, I think I have some info that may help us both figure out how long it'll take to get us set up with DSL at last.

I was in the Rosedale store about a week ago and the Frontier workers came in. I made a comment to them and they shared what they knew.

Apparently we're all set up, ready to go. Except we aren't getting a dial tone or something out to the main box in Clarksburg? They said it was the engineering department's issue to deal with. Not sure what it means, but maybe you can make something of it.

I know I'm replying to an old post but I see that you've been posting about the DSL off and on.

Cheers.

yolarry

Creston, WV
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
·HughesNet Satell..

1 edit
reply to yolarry
I just saw frontier trucks down wirt county area. They just got done setting up the DSL box's. Hopefully I can get off this Gen4 as well

They say sometime in August I should have it. Of course I hear this story before.. They can never get me a decent ETA. lol

I already sick of Gen4. some strange reason I miss my HN7000S...at least it stay on all the time.

I already call them in to see if Rosedale got DSL.. well the tech said they do.. (I give them my moms account and #) I think you 2 should check that out..

--
Frontier HT1000 - Linksys E3000 DD-WRT