ajwees41
Premium Member
join:2002-05-10
Omaha, NE

ajwees41 to Optimus2357

Premium Member

to Optimus2357

Re: [AZ] Cox HSI Ultimate on-premises visit

or how about pay the install fee if the self install fails?
Boseefus
join:2010-11-28
Mesa, AZ

Boseefus

That I agree with. Im perfectly willing to sign some "waiver" or whatever that says I will pay the fee if I screw up the "install". But considering it's really just a config push to my modem there's not even a self install option.
ajwees41
Premium Member
join:2002-05-10
Omaha, NE

ajwees41

Premium Member

I see the need for the fee for the whole Dvr's install because the Poe filter.

Optimus2357
Premium Member
join:2010-11-21
West Warwick, RI

Optimus2357 to ajwees41

Premium Member

to ajwees41
Its the word "fail" which makes it tricky. Who decides if it failed? I don't disagree with you in theory and on the small scale, I'm mostly playing devil's advocate. It could have to do with a worry about hacked hardware, I think that's why they held off cable card self install. Or maybe they think by making it a pro install only, it gives the image of rolling out the red carpet. That seems to have less impact though when your the one paying for the carpet huh? Or maybe it helps them better monitor how many people are using Ultimate to better manage bandwidth in a given area? Probably a small mix of all those with the bottom line being money. JMHO.
Boseefus
join:2010-11-28
Mesa, AZ

Boseefus

That's the thing. There's no service install and there's no user install. It's just a config push. No different than they di any other time for normal maintenance. That's why the $50 thing irks me.