Space Elf
Premium Member
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ

Kearnstd to Subaru

Premium Member

to Subaru

Re: Highway merging

The loop is Exit 8. Federal is 7 and that damn left exit if coming from southern points. such as that nightmare known as Rt. 7.

Federal will always be bad as it is pretty much box store central.

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium Member
join:2001-05-31
Greenwich, CT

Subaru

Premium Member

Oh I never had to go that far up, I haven't really been on rt 7 going into Danbury in awhile now since they finished doing the road construction.

I tell you I'm not sure which road but getting on Rt. 7 right after Danbury airport I think it's 684 merges onto rt.7 it's crazy and that far right lane is a exit only that area can be a little crazy as well.
Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium Member
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ

Kearnstd

Premium Member

684 is in Brewster NY. rt 7 starts at Danbury and ends at 95 in Norwalk. However if you come over the Tappen Zee on 287 it is faster to take 684 to 84 if you need to reach the Danbury area.

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium Member
join:2001-05-31
Greenwich, CT

Subaru

Premium Member

Yeah that's what I used to do but whenever it rained I would stay out of Westchester because they never knew what a wet road does to a car who speeds, I swear I would always see 1-2 cars always spun out on the road, so in that case I would take rt. 7 all the way up to Danbury.. but in some cases you had to worry about flooding.

So glad I don't have to do this anymore.. It was so easy to drive 100 miles doing that haul a day.
Subaru

Subaru to Kearnstd

Premium Member

to Kearnstd
said by Kearnstd:

684 is in Brewster NY. rt 7 starts at Danbury and ends at 95 in Norwalk. However if you come over the Tappen Zee on 287 it is faster to take 684 to 84 if you need to reach the Danbury area.

I was in this area day before yesterday because I needed to pass some drive cycles on my car so I figured this was the best place to do it.. So I see not much has changed.. at that bottle neck where Brewster and Rt.7 meet.. I saw that and said screw it and jumped on Rt. 7 to go home..

It was pretty tame yesterday I will admit.