All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
madbavarian
join:2013-03-05
Fremont, CA

madbavarian to Ryan Kearney

to Ryan Kearney

Re: [Rant] Comcast inserting Javascript into webpages?

I'm surprised their lawyers let them do this. What happens the first time someone's computer can't automatically download emergency security updates because the HTTP requests are hijacked?

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

NetFixer

Premium Member

said by madbavarian:

I'm surprised their lawyers let them do this. What happens the first time someone's computer can't automatically download emergency security updates because the HTTP requests are hijacked?

No need to worry about that scenario; if you can't connect to the Internet, your chances of getting infected are greatly reduced. And even if you got infected, there is a good chance that Comcast's other HTML injection program called Constant Guard, would then send you an HTML message to inform you that you were infected.

JohnInSJ
Premium Member
join:2003-09-22
Aptos, CA

JohnInSJ to madbavarian

Premium Member

to madbavarian
said by madbavarian:

Did you read the AUP and TOS? Their lawyers assume you have. Since you agreed to this by accepting the terms of service, their lawyers have nothing to worry about.