how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Nemesis158

join:2012-09-15
Spokane, WA

CenturyLink FTTH in Spokane, WA?

Been a while since i posted here, no updates on my end of things, still stuck with this:

However, today i heard from a friend who said a CL person told him that Fiber would be available soon. Is there anyone here who might know what kind of deployment CenturyLink is planning or if this is true, or where i might be able to find out such information?

Spokane currently has No FTTP unless you are a business with alot of money and can get TW Telecom (not TWC) to run you a line, so this kind of news would be great if its true.

luckmann

join:2004-06-27
Albuquerque, NM

This is probably a reference to FTTN not FTTH. Max on Fiber to the Node is 40mb I think. To my knowledge CTL doesn't do any kind of fiber to the premises but I could be wrong.

Nemesis158

join:2012-09-15
Spokane, WA

They can't seriously be expecting to sell people "Fiber" if its still just DSL.

billaustin
they call me Mr. Bill
Premium,MVM
join:2001-10-13
North Las Vegas, NV
kudos:3

Installing Fiber gives them greater capacity, and allows them to offer higher speeds. You should get a notice, or a sales call, when the higher speeds are available.

You can also send an email and ask if more information is available.
talktous@centurylink.com

clones

join:2005-04-18
Ankeny, IA
reply to Nemesis158

CenturyLink does have a few areas that they do fiber to the home. I happen to live in one of the areas. I currently do not have it because of the data caps. I wish they would leverage the technology and see what people could do with a low latency fast connection instead of limiting it.
--
Admin Tips »www.serverninjas.com

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
Premium,MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
kudos:11
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
·Pacific Bell - SBC
reply to Nemesis158

said by Nemesis158:

They can't seriously be expecting to sell people "Fiber" if its still just DSL.

AT&T does, why not CenturyLink?
--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
~To Konnyu, with the Lion and the Drum

CenturyLink
VIP
join:2009-03-09
Boise, ID
kudos:7
reply to Nemesis158

Hi Nemesis158. Joey with CenturyLink here. We can engage the local teams to get more information about future deployments in your area. Just send your request to us at TalkToUs@CenturyLink.com with your name and location specific information. Thanks.

Joey H
@CenturyLinkHelp Team
TalkToUs@CenturyLink.com