spc
uniqs

Tweakbl
join:2008-09-25
Rosedale, WV

2 edits

Tweakbl to yolarry

to yolarry

Re: [HN7000S] Just cancel Hughesnet. Thanks everyone!

Yolarry. I am still here in Rosedale. Fiber is ran. DSLAM on a brand new shiny Concrete Pad. Electric box on the pole for power. They still have not flipped the switch on. I am still on Hughes.
I have called (Frontier) repeatedly and asked. I was told by a lineman that every-time they go to turn it on, they got to fix something else somewhere else. Beginning to think they installed all this just to get the Stimulus Money and meet the Contract Obligation. With no intent of flipping it on.

With that said. I know loads of folks are not happy with HN. But they have been good to me and I have made some friends in the community. I was taken aback a bit by Marsh's Passing. He was a nice guy.
I am also 90% of the time my own Tech support. As I work with Computers and understand caps and things. So that eases the transition from Computer Newbie to Guru.

Hope you get Fiber. I hear they are shooting for 20 Mbps but I would be happy with 3.0 Mbps out here.
AgedPumpkin
join:2013-07-03

AgedPumpkin

Tweakbl,

I'm from Rosedale as well. Since you seem to be more "in the know" than I am, I think I have some info that may help us both figure out how long it'll take to get us set up with DSL at last.

I was in the Rosedale store about a week ago and the Frontier workers came in. I made a comment to them and they shared what they knew.

Apparently we're all set up, ready to go. Except we aren't getting a dial tone or something out to the main box in Clarksburg? They said it was the engineering department's issue to deal with. Not sure what it means, but maybe you can make something of it.

I know I'm replying to an old post but I see that you've been posting about the DSL off and on.

Cheers.