MVM
join:2004-12-02
Reading, PA
·PenTeleData
ARRIS SB8200

cypherstream to mikedz4

MVM

to mikedz4

Re: [Rant] Comcast shouldn't be given a pass!

HR34 genie (the big box) can get Internet from its Ethernet port, or over the coax if Ethernet is injected via a DECA box from somewhere else.

The new HR44 genie (very small DVR) has built in wifi and can get the coax network connected to your data network through wifi or Ethernet.

If you have an RVU TV, RVU signals come in over the TV's Ethernet port. So if you do not have an Ethernet jack at the TV, you have to use a little DECA box to pull the network signal off the coax and present an Ethernet jack so you can connect your RVU Smart TV to the network.

A genie client (C31/C41) has a coax connection and talks over the network over it.

If your like me and have Ethernet run at each outlet, then yeah an RVU smart TV is box less. Most people do not have Ethernet run everywhere so you will need some kind of box. Either Genie client or coax to Ethernet DECA media converter. Either way the $6 mirroring fee applies.

mikedz4
join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV

mikedz4

I live in an apartment so no unfortunately there isn't Ethernet everywhere
SpHeRe31459
Premium Member
join:2002-10-09
Sacramento, CA

SpHeRe31459

Premium Member

said by mikedz4:

I live in an apartment so no unfortunately there isn't Ethernet everywhere

But that's what MoCA is for, DirecTV already has you covered with their DECA boxes. No big deal.