shinjuru
Premium,Mod
join:2000-10-29
West Coast
Reviews:
·SureWest Internet

1 edit

[SWTOR] Rise of the Hutt Cartel

The next Star Wars MMORPG digital expansion is now Live!

said by SWTOR :

BioWare Announces First Digital Expansion: Rise of the Hutt Cartel - is now Live in Star Wars: The Old Republic

Digital Expansion Adds New Story Content and Increases Level Cap to 55 in the Award-Winning MMO from BioWare and LucasArts.

AUSTIN, Texas – Apr. 14, 2013 – The Hutt Cartel is making a huge play to become the next galactic superpower and only the Republic or the Empire can stop their rise! BioWare™, a studio of Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA), and LucasArts announced today that the first digital expansion for Star Wars: The Old Republic, Rise of the Hutt Cartel, is now available for players worldwide. Available for $19.99 (USD), or at half price for current Subscribers ($9.99 USD), players can extend their personal Star Wars™ saga, with exciting new playable missions, new features and a striking new planet, Makeb. Playing through Rise of the Hutt Cartel will raise the game’s level cap to 55, and allow players to access a host of new higher level group content in the recently released Game Update 2.0: Scum and Villainy.

“We’ve worked so hard over the last year to ensure we were listening to player feedback and acting on it. This month we’re not only adding hours of new story-driven content and features with Rise of the Hutt Cartel, but we are also adding depth and content to the end game with our latest Game Update 2.0: Scum and Villainy,” said Jeff Hickman, Executive Producer of Star Wars: The Old Republic. “All of this new content, combined with a much larger, more active and engaged community since the addition of the Free-to-Play option last year, makes this the best time to join or return to The Old Republic™!”

In Rise of the Hutt Cartel, players will explore a new storyline on the beautiful and vibrant new planet of Makeb. Here players will continue their faction storylines as they fight against a nefarious new threat, the Hutt Cartel, attempting a take-over of the planet and all its resources. As players progress through the new levels they will earn new gear and abilities along with access to new Elder Game content. As part of the experience, players will also be able to acquire new technological gear including Macrobinoculars and Seeker Droids, which take players on galaxy-spanning new missions to unlock valuable rewards.

Star Wars: The Old Republic is set thousands of years before the classic Star Wars movies. Players are immersed as they team up with friends online to fight in heroic battles reminiscent of the films, exploring a galaxy of vibrant planets, experiencing visceral Star Wars combat, all set to a sweeping musical score. Now, players can experience the complete storylines of the eight iconic Star Wars classes, all the way to Level 50 without having to pay a monthly fee. The new Free-to-Play option complements the existing subscription offering, providing greater flexibility in how to experience Star Wars: The Old Republic.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWGAy3beick

said by SWTOR :

Early Access for Rise of the Hutt Cartel Has Begun!

The Early Access* period for the Digital Expansion: Rise of the Hutt Cartel has begun today, April 9th, and will end on Sunday, April 14th! As you may remember, Early Access is available to all players that pre-ordered Rise of the Hutt Cartel on or before January 7, 2013. If you qualify for Early Access, you should receive an email notifying you that you can now log in and play the Digital Expansion. To start the download, simply log in to the game and click Play.

Along with Early Access, Game Update 2.0: Scum and Villainy is also live! Players are now able to battle new enemies in the Level 55 Operation: Legions of Scum and Villainy or unlock Legacy Achievements to receive unique rewards. Visit our Welcome to Game Update 2.0 blog or Game Update 2.0 web page to find out more.

There’s still time left to receive exclusive pre-order in-game items**! Pre-order Rise of the Hutt Cartel by April 13, 2013 at 4:00PM PDT / 11:00PM GMT and receive the new Makrin Seedling Mini-Pet, the Dr. Oggurobb Hutt Holostatue, and a new title “Scourge of the Hutts.” Plus, Subscribers save 50% off of the regular price and can purchase the Digital Expansion for only $9.99 USD/£5.99/8€! Visit www.StarWarsTheOldRepublic/RiseoftheHuttCartel for more details.

Stay connected to www.StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com or find us on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube!

--
Games - GameTech - S.F.Bay -

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12

1 edit
I've let SWTOR fill my MMO time since I got away from WoW, usually just on the weekends. I've been on a SW kick for a couple weeks and gotten back into Jedi Knight II and III as well.

SWTOR isn't bad under the free option (I somehow kept my preferred status since I was a Founder, not sure what that means in terms of perks), although I don't see the use of either the subscription (WoW style) or the premium "cartel coins" (in-game currency a la GW2 or Tera).

If you play it as a single player RPG, it ain't bad.
--
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

jofos

join:2008-02-14
Irvington, AL
Kris what is prefered status? Under free to play arem't you limited on the amount of credits you can have and such as well?

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit
I didn't notice the sprint restriction, so I guess preferred gets that perk. I haven't been limited on credits (yet) but my toon is still in the teens, so I can't say I've tried much yet.

»[SWTOR] SWTOR Gains 2 Million Users from F2P
--
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

puppy

join:2010-01-28
I thought of going back to play F2P but when I read the sprint restriction I bailed. I'm a founder too, so maybe I also have preferred and have sprint, I'll have to check it out.

Did you keep your old accounts from back when you paid, Kris?

Hmm maybe I shouldn't have ignored those emails about only logging in with character names now... I don't remember my names...

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit
Yep, I kept my old account with everything. If you paid in the past, you should have preferred status (i got the stupid color gem and sprint at level 1).

If you can't remember your screen name, you might need to give them a call...
--

jofos

Irvington, AL
said by Krisnatharok:

Yep, I kept my old account with everything. If you paid in the past, you should have preferred status (i got the stupid color gem and sprint at level 1).

If you can't remember your screen name, you might need to give them a call...

You can go to the site and use your email to get your screen name.
My main issue with free to play is credits I guess. I had about 50 mil or so (saved aguments for a few months waiting for them to let you add the slots to gear) and I think that I would lose a lot if I went free to play.

fatpipe

join:2011-10-02
Austin, TX
reply to Krisnatharok
said by Krisnatharok:

If you play it as a single player RPG, it ain't bad.

My sentiments exactly.

puppy

I was one of the "founders" but gave up on the game after getting bored with it in my mid 30s, but now I am doing F2P again on this. I have preferred status as well, thanks Kris. Having Sprint right at level 1 is pretty nice, versus having to wait until 14 in the released version.

The # of unlockables is pretty silly (pay to unlock title for one), but I am having fun again with brand new characters and you can definitely play without paying anything.

There's only like 6 servers though so I think they are hurting. I'd think twice about investing too much money or emotional attachment.

What's this deal about people earning experience slower after level 10 if you don't subscribe? Will I be under-level for my quests soon?

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit
I didn't understand the reduced XP either--supposedly it is higher for subscribers. Certain major missions give you a 25% XP boost for 1 hour item. Even with the reduced XP, I was over-leveled as I left Coruscant for Athiss and only did the storyline missions there before heading for Nar Shaddaa. I just finished Nar Shaddaa (which is a 20-24 planet) and am 25/26 now.
--

puppy

Awesome, thanks!

I made a Sith assassin and Bounty Hunter.

The assassin is definitely cooler than its consular counterpart (from what I remember of the consular back whenever). Being able to throw droids is awesome, but its delay versus a shock is annoying. Throwing rocks suck versus force lighting!

Another I don't understand is sometimes a toon I activated will become inactive again. Does that mean I can have multiple toons on the same server, and just activate the ones I want to play? I can put shared stuff in the bank anyways...

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit
I'm not sure, I think there's a limit on free accounts, so in case you had something like 8 toons on the server when you left, it lets you choose which ones you want to play that count against your max number of free slots.
--

jofos

Irvington, AL
I played about 3 hours over the last two days. Much of the time was spending talent points and trying to figure out what attack did what. I did the first new area and ran three warzones and hit 51.
Its still kind of sad playing the game as it had so much potential. One of the things I hated about the game is how there are no open areas, the entire game feels like you are walking down a hallway. I had hoped that when they added a new planet that they would have realized that people didn't like that and made the new stuff more open. Oh well, if nothing else I guess it will give me something to do on rainy days for a little while.

BigReds42
Premium
join:2004-07-14
Bellaire, OH
kudos:1
said by jofos:

I played about 3 hours over the last two days. Much of the time was spending talent points and trying to figure out what attack did what. I did the first new area and ran three warzones and hit 51.
Its still kind of sad playing the game as it had so much potential. One of the things I hated about the game is how there are no open areas, the entire game feels like you are walking down a hallway. I had hoped that when they added a new planet that they would have realized that people didn't like that and made the new stuff more open. Oh well, if nothing else I guess it will give me something to do on rainy days for a little while.

Open areas? Have you ever been on Tatooine or Hoth?

puppy

reply to shinjuru
Has anyone resubbed? I'm still playing this and my new toons are around 16 now. Kind of tempted to resub so I can get speedster training faster, to be able to ride a speedster at level 10 would be DE-LUX, and with my playing time limited any reduction of running (at least I have Sprint as a preferred) would be great.

Do I get enough free coins to unlock speedster training right away? Does that mean I don't have to pay for the training anymore and just buy a 10k speedster?

MystBlade
Premium
join:2002-10-21
Lacey, WA
reply to shinjuru
I have not resubbed but log in once in a while, almost got to valor 100, Think I am sitting at 91 or 92 and stopped back in June/July but the queue times on our server at the time were very good, but then they became long and drawn out, boring, fighting the same groups, over and over again.

5 levels and new content won't bring be back and paying for it, will be a step out of the field for me. I really think they had something, #1 thing in a MMO is Community, and when that community is spread over 100+ servers when you only need 20 with no sever transfers, then I begin to question my time.

It was a sad day I canceled because I really wanted this game to do well in the biggest way. I wish I was still playing it and enjoying it but I already got off that horse and its well its a mile or two down the road, around a bend and in a cave some place. I aint gonna look for it!.

Maybe next time, as I head in the direction of Elder Scrolls Online in hopes for the one who names themselves the "wow killer" just don't bring Age of Conan to your table.
--
[url=http://www.zetbit.com/][img]»www.zetbit.com/sig-1489863.jpg[/img][/url]

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium
join:2011-04-15
Milwaukee, WI
kudos:4
reply to shinjuru
I don't think I've ever seen a game go F2P so quickly. I'm amazed that they thought releasing an expansion was a good idea...

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit
reply to MystBlade
said by MystBlade:

Maybe next time, as I head in the direction of Elder Scrolls Online in hopes for the one who names themselves the "wow killer" just don't bring Age of Conan to your table.

... "You're gonna have a bad time."
--

MystBlade
Premium
join:2002-10-21
Lacey, WA
said by Krisnatharok:

said by MystBlade:

... "You're gonna have a bad time."

Possible, as I have to take that chance or else I may of never known what might of been or could be or what was.
--

puppy

reply to shinjuru
I actually went ahead and blew $40 this weekend on this... $10 for cartel coins, then $30 for a 2 month resub. Buying rocket boosts and its 2 upgrades are amazing, 150% speed increase for 12 seconds every 30seconds. Resub means you can buy a speedster at level 15 (90% speed increase).

Not sure if this game will hold me for another 2 months, but whatever it's fun enough for now. Sith sorcerer lightning ftw!