Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

RJW1678

join:2003-01-15
Wilmington, DE

1 recommendation

Just got a new MacBook Pro Retina

Yesterday I got a new MacBook Pro Retina 15inch with 2.7ghz i7 Cpu, 16GB memory, and a 512GB SSD. Also got a 2TB Time Capsule and a Thunderbolt Ethernet adapter. This is my first Mac, if you don't count my iPad 4th gen. The MacBook configured up real easy and I moved all my files over from my Ubuntu Linux Desktop. Since I have Verizon Fios I kept the ActionTec Router in place and added the Time Capsule in between the ActionTec Router and the rest of my equipment. I turned the wireless off in the ActionTec Router and configure the Time Capsule in bridged mode and set up the wireless network on the Time Capsule. So far everything is working real good - even my old Canon LiDE 25 Scanner works, the only drivers and software Canon had for it was for OSX 10.6 and when I install the driver and software the scanner worked. I was going to get a MacBook Air 13inch - but I changed my mind and got the MacBook Pro Retina 15inch.

Later
Bob W.

dirtyjeffer
Anons on ignore, but not due to fear.
Premium
join:2002-02-21
London, ON

1 recommendation

congrats...picked up my new 27" iMac (loaded up) last week and have been enjoying it very much (i am a new mac user).

RJW1678

join:2003-01-15
Wilmington, DE

Reply to dirtyjeffer:

Congrats on becoming a new Mac user. I am enjoying my new Mac, too.

Later,
Bob

lordpuffer
RIP lil
Premium
join:2004-09-19
Rio Rancho, NM
kudos:1
reply to RJW1678

Congrats.....I've been using 2 iMacs as my main computers for about 2 years now and would never look back. Enjoy it!