spc
Search similar:

uniqs

milnoc
join:2001-03-05
Ottawa

milnoc

House Prices Will Skyrocket in Austin

Just like in Kansas City, house prices where Google Fibre will be installed will very likely increase dramatically in the coming weeks, with many homes bought up by start-ups and real estate speculators renting them out at a premium price.

battleop
join:2005-09-28

1 recommendation

battleop

I live in the "Gig City" and I've had access to 1Gb for some time. I have not seen my property value move in any direction because of the availability of Fiber.
silbaco
Premium Member
join:2009-08-03
USA

silbaco

Premium Member

Out of curiosity, any idea if the properties without access to the fiber have seen a decrease in property value?

battleop

1 recommendation

battleop

It's not making a difference one way or another. I think the only thing that may matter is if you can get "high speed" from someone. In most parts of Chattanooga you can choose from at&t, Comcast, and EPB. I would say at least 99% of homes have access to at least Comcast and EPB. at&t has a pretty large DSL foot print though there are parts of town with access to 1.5 - 3Mb. uVerse is available here but I have no idea what the foot print is nor do I know anyone who has uVerse.
TBBroadband
join:2012-10-26
Fremont, OH

TBBroadband to milnoc

to milnoc
Total BS. If this was the case many other areas would see this without property values going down. And you do realize that in a majority of the US- it is illegal to operate a business from a home- especially knowingly purchasing or renting the home in a residential area for the purpose of a business. Zoning laws will catch up to people doing this and it's not worth it- especially when neighbors call and complain about traffic and the amount of cars being parked on the streets, etc.

DataRiker
Premium Member
join:2002-05-19

DataRiker to battleop

Premium Member

to battleop
Just curious, how much is their Gig service there?

battleop

battleop

50 $58
100 $70
250 $140
1000 $300

DataRiker
Premium Member
join:2002-05-19

DataRiker

Premium Member