All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
implode
join:2009-09-06
Columbia, MO

implode

[MO] Help...channel guide says FSM+ is carrying Royals game?

Fox sports is carrying the Cardinals baseball game tonight. So that means the Blues game is supposed to be bumped to FSM+, however that listing for Columbia, MO. is the Royals baseball game. Why is the hockey game getting bumped in our area? That is pretty bogus, as most of the state is getting the blues game on FSM+. Who makes these decisions for Mediacom? Bogus!

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium Member
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

Mediacom rebroadcasts the signal provided by the channel. So if they are airing the game you want to see we will have that sent out through our lines, but if they air something else that is what gets sent out.
implode
Columbia, MO

implode

Kind of big bummer...
FSM 732/32 Cardinals
FSN+ Royals
Public Access 22 Mizzou Baseball

According to Blues broadcast info and Columbia daily tribune blues were supposed to be on FSN+. I know they are trying to throw the Royals fans a bone....but very few blues games left and total this season with the strike. More st louis Blues fans in Missouri then Royals fans. Sad but true, no one is inspired to watch the Royals. The Blues are in the playoff chase.

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

It definitely just depends on what they want to broadcast. Did you check local stations and such for the game? If you have a cable box through Mediacom there is an easy way to look for the games by using the search function in the menu and then go to sports and click the sport of your choice.
implode
Columbia, MO

implode

Same ol stuff tonight, broadcasting Symphony on alternate 22 instead of the Blues game like promised. Fox Sports has scroll on bottom of the screen indicating it is supposed to be on mediacom 22 tonight. Due to Royals game on FSN+ 125.
Spurge
Premium Member
join:2002-01-04
Columbia, MO

Spurge

Premium Member

Implode I just talked to the local MC22 producer here in Columbia and told her what you posted here and she said she didn't know anything about us supposed to be airing the blues game. She did some checking into it and ended up that FSN didn't contact her about airing the game tonight. She did say she was getting a schedule sent to her about the remaining games that they are wanting us to air on MC22 so keep your eyes open for future games.

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

Spurge,

Thank you for the update on that. For future games please let me know if you are not seeing it aired.
implode
Columbia, MO

implode to Spurge

to Spurge
I spent some time briefly alking with FSM social media team. They said they wanted to talk to Mediacom about this as they thought thats where the issue occurred. I left messages on both their FB and Twitter pages (as did I'm sure countless others). I VERY much would like to get this cleared up. I have missed two games this week because of such conflicts.

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

If it was just a miscommunication between Mediacom and FSM then that should be getting resolved as they are in contact.
implode
Columbia, MO

implode

So what are the plans for Tuesday...

Cardinals: Projected to FSM.
Blues: Projected to FSM.
Royals: Projected to FS-KC

Has this been resolved, another night with 3 teams playing...

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

Unfortunately I have not heard anything on this issue as of yet.
Spurge
Premium Member
join:2002-01-04
Columbia, MO

Spurge to implode

Premium Member

to implode
Talked to our local MC22 producer and she said the next blues game that should be on MC22 will be on 4/23.

I looked at the guide on the DCT and it shows the hockey game after the cardinals baseball game on FSN midwest, but when you go to their website it doesnt reflect the same info.

DJF262
@mchsi.com

DJF262 to MediacomChad

Anon

to MediacomChad
I'd love to know what goes through your minds when you choose to broadcast Royals baseball and Plowman Chamber Music instead of Blues hockey.

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

Most of the time Mediacom is just a rebroadcaster of the signal being sent out by the television stations. So we don't have much power it what gets aired.

DJF262
@mchsi.com

DJF262

Anon

Most of the time. That's not the case in this situation though.
implode
Columbia, MO

implode

Just my luck, rain delay in Cardinal game and no method to watch Blues. F-M-L. I would watch the game on a pirate site, but then their is whole Digital Millenium Act, pretty sure mediacom would send me one.
implode

implode

Any chance Mid Mo ever gets FSN+ HD channel?

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

I will be happy to submit your request to our Marketing Department for this channel to be added.
implode
Columbia, MO

implode

Big conflicts with Cardinals, Blues Playoff, and Royals on the same night. I've seen a lot of conflicting info....any info on how this will be handled for Columbia?

FSM/HD - Cards
FSN+ Royals
Mediacom 22: Blues

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

I'm showing the Blues game to be played on either CNBC, Prime, or FS-MW depending.
mrphil1
join:2009-01-02
Charleston, IL

mrphil1 to implode

to implode
Looks like MC22 for the Columbia area....

»www.foxsportsmidwest.com ··· dID=8745

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

Most of the STL playoff games will be nationally broadcast on CNBC or NBC sports network.
implode
Columbia, MO

implode

I was at the game last night (lucky me!!!)...but hoping game will be on cNBC,a s I love hD.

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

I'm showing most of the playoff games to be nationally broadcast on either CNBC or NBC sportsnet.
implode
Columbia, MO

implode

Game is supposed to be broadcast on alternate 126 tonight according to the blues and FSN+ schedule. Instead we are getting a lacrosse game instead of the Blues feed. Of course CNBC game the national feed, the previous game is going long. Guessing I won't be able to watch the Blues game when it begins in 5 mins. This really really sucks.

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

The Ottawa/Montreal game ran a little late, which unfortunately bled over into the STL game. The rest should have been shown on CNBC.
implode
Columbia, MO

implode

We are supposed to be getting the local broadcast...it was fixed eventually but that was well into the game itself (when cNBC has already switched games beause the earlier one ended).