Search similar:

uniqs
Iceylinux
join:2003-06-13
Lockport, NY

Iceylinux

[Servers] Possible? Connecting Multiple internal networks

Hello,

Thank you all in advance for your help! Here is what I'm trying to do.

Say there are 5 servers.

Server A,B,C,D,E: has an external IP reachable via internet. The external IP also allows access to an internal network 10.x.x.x

The only difference in the internal networks per location is this

Server A: 10.9.x.x
Server B: 10.10.x.x
Server C: 10.11.x.x
Server D: 10.12.x.x
Server E: 10.13.x.x

Each server is in a remote location, I want to make a single point of access to access all internal networks from all 5 servers. E.g 1 VPN connection. Instead of connecting and disconnecting from 5 different VPN servers. Is this possible? Any help, advice, links would be great. I've been racking my brain and google for weeks now and haven't found any real answers for what I'm attempting to do.

Again thank you in advance.
Bink
Villains... knock off all that evil
join:2006-05-14
Colorado

1 edit

Bink

You’ll probably want to setup VPN tunnels between the sites and employ a routing protocol as well. I recommend hiring a consultant, but you can probably do this yourself with a lot of reading and trial and error.
Iceylinux
Lockport, NY

Iceylinux

Thank you for the reply bink. I setup a vpn server and tried to do this. I suppose the issue im having is the routes. Where should i be placing the routes. Like i said If i vpn into each server remotely i can just access the internal network (no routes required). I'm just sick of connecting and disconnecting from multiple vpns on my pc to access these networks. it seems when traceroute one of the 10.x.x.x networks it just tries to go external and dies of course. i was using PPTP.

Thanks again for all the help.

Anav
Sarcastic Llama? Naw, Just Acerbic
Premium Member
join:2001-07-16
Dartmouth, NS

Anav to Iceylinux

Premium Member

to Iceylinux
The question is why are you doing this?
Your attempting a complicated setup...

a. class assignment
b. IT hired to work at an establishment (and padded your resume to look like you actually were an IT professional).
c. are lazy and dont want to do the required reading to understand VPN technology. There are a gazillion documents on the subject your trying to get shortcut answers too.
Iceylinux
Lockport, NY

Iceylinux

said by Anav:

The question is why are you doing this?
Your attempting a complicated setup...

a. class assignment
b. IT hired to work at an establishment (and padded your resume to look like you actually were an IT professional).
c. are lazy and dont want to do the required reading to understand VPN technology. There are a gazillion documents on the subject your trying to get shortcut answers too.

I didnt ask for anyone here to "do it for me" or "paste all the commands i need to use" I asked if it was possible and if someone could point me in the right direction.

All 3 of your "assumptions" are incorrect. I'm doing it as purely educational for my OWN purpose.

Thanks for trolling my thread.

Anav
Premium Member
Dartmouth, NS

Anav

Premium Member

Regardless what you need to do is find literature that explains the concepts at a level that you understand.
Suggest start with google and then move to bing.
Or you can go to cisco.com and start reading white papers before they take you to the white padded room.

Serbtastic
You Know How Many People I Have Buried?
Premium Member
join:2002-02-24
Stoney Creek, ON

Serbtastic to Iceylinux

Premium Member

to Iceylinux
As Bink said, VPN tunnels between sites. You could use static routes on each server (assuming you connect via VPN directly to the servers) pointing to each of the other subnets (this also assumes you are using a subnet mask that actually defines each internal network as a separate subnet, ie. 255.255.0.0).

Anav
Premium Member
Dartmouth, NS

Anav to Iceylinux

Premium Member

to Iceylinux
Did you make any progress?
cramer
Premium Member
join:2007-04-10
Raleigh, NC
Westell 6100
Cisco PIX 501

cramer to Iceylinux

Premium Member

to Iceylinux
You asked for far more than a yes or no answer. Yes, it's possible. There are many ways to do it. And Cisco has fair documentation on ALL of them. (DMVPN, ipsec, gre tunnels, etc.)

(And your post sounds *way* too much like a homework/lab question.)

Anav
Premium Member
Dartmouth, NS

Anav

Premium Member

It was pretty clear it was a purely random inquiry LOL.
HELLFIRE
MVM
join:2009-11-25

HELLFIRE to Iceylinux

MVM

to Iceylinux
If you want a turnkey solution with no setup on your part, get a MPLS VPN
or VPLN service. Talk to the providers in your area; pretty sure you hit
the right person, they'll know what you're after.

Regards
techsup1983
join:2013-03-23

techsup1983 to Iceylinux

to Iceylinux
I would also go with site-to-site vpn's with routes setup on each router to each of the separate networks.
Our company pays talktalk for use of the mpls network which connects together all our satellite sites.
It would be good to let us all know what you do / did to resolve this.
Thanks.

Anav
Premium Member
Dartmouth, NS

Anav to Iceylinux

Premium Member

to Iceylinux
I think the assignments due date has passed as the OP seems not to suddenly have such a random urge to become knowledgable on this topic.
Iceylinux
Lockport, NY

Iceylinux

I never had an assignment, ive been busy. Like i said i was doing this just to see if it can be done. I haven't looked into it since i posted it to be honest. A lot of stuff going on in my life right now.

Anav
Premium Member
Dartmouth, NS

Anav to Iceylinux

Premium Member

to Iceylinux
What IT training and network training do you have thus far, that will help us tailor some readings.

tubbynet
reminds me of the danse russe
MVM
join:2008-01-16
Gilbert, AZ

tubbynet to Iceylinux

MVM

to Iceylinux
said by Iceylinux:

Hello,

Thank you all in advance for your help! Here is what I'm trying to do.

Say there are 5 servers.

Server A,B,C,D,E: has an external IP reachable via internet. The external IP also allows access to an internal network 10.x.x.x

The only difference in the internal networks per location is this

Server A: 10.9.x.x
Server B: 10.10.x.x
Server C: 10.11.x.x
Server D: 10.12.x.x
Server E: 10.13.x.x

Each server is in a remote location, I want to make a single point of access to access all internal networks from all 5 servers. E.g 1 VPN connection. Instead of connecting and disconnecting from 5 different VPN servers. Is this possible? Any help, advice, links would be great. I've been racking my brain and google for weeks now and haven't found any real answers for what I'm attempting to do.

Again thank you in advance.

l2l vpn tunnels.
set up as a hub-and-spoke -- or a full mesh. from there -- hit one and you have the rest.

q.