share rss forum feed

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:28

[Cable] ATPIA - Mcnicoll migration April 10th 2013

Hey Gang,

In anticipation for tomorrow's migration of Mcnicoll POI we updated qualification and web forms today so that higher speeds now show up.

Assuming everything goes well tomorrow we should be good to check off Mcnicoll and put it in the done column.

I'll update again tomorrow with the status on the actual migration.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

AOD
Premium
join:2008-01-24
Etobicoke, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
said by TSI Marc:

Hey Gang,

In anticipation for tomorrow's migration of Mcnicoll POI we updated qualification and web forms today so that higher speeds now show up.

Assuming everything goes well tomorrow we should be good to check off Mcnicoll and put it in the done column.

I'll update again tomorrow with the status on the actual migration.

So, that timeline you posted for ATPIA seems pretty solid that Rogers is following that schedule?

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON

1 recommendation

so far so good. we did run into a problem but Rogers planned ahead and had a backup plan in place even. kudos to them. no delays as a result. We continue to work very closely with them to move it along as quickly as possible.

On the disaggregated side though, we're waiting on them to complete orders for links that we ordered back in early January now though.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

xdrag

join:2005-02-18
North York, ON
where is this mystical webform that can bring eternal happiness to our TPIA woes?

chinesedevil

join:2010-08-03
Scarborough, ON
reply to TSI Marc
When should we start requesting speed changes?

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to TSI Marc
Marc, a quick note, my postal code says that I can get up to 150... I no longer have TSI Cable, but when I did (until January) I was served from Comstock, though it was originally McNicoll for more than 2 years prior to that.

Could it be a mistake, or is Rogers serving ATPIA a little differently?
--

A A

join:2013-02-14
reply to TSI Marc
mcnicoll represent

Jayar

join:2005-01-16
reply to TSI Marc
Yeah, can speed changes be requested now through the Direct forums?

aznsilvrboy

join:2002-07-28
North York, ON
reply to TSI Marc
Nevermind.

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON
kudos:24
You can perform a traceroute and it should indicate which poi you are on.

»www.serverintellect.com/support/···ert.aspx - Step by Step

Webslingerac

join:2004-05-01
canada
reply to TSI Marc
said by TSI Marc:

On the disaggregated side though, we're waiting on them to complete orders for links that we ordered back in early January now though.

Does this mean we can expect congestion to persist in the MicNicoll area even after the migration? If so, when will evening congestion be addressed?

TypeS

join:2012-12-17
London, ON
MicNicoll will now be Aggregated TPIA now... so it wont be in relation to Disaggregated POI traffic anymore.

koreyb
Open the Canadian Market NOW

join:2005-01-08
East York, ON
reply to TSI Marc
Does this mean a major load off the rest of the POI's giving more capacity on the POI's still on the old system?

McNicoll I'm sure is a heavy traffic POI.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to Webslingerac
said by Webslingerac:

said by TSI Marc:

Does this mean we can expect congestion to persist in the MicNicoll area even after the migration? If so, when will evening congestion be addressed?

There's no congestion now on McNicoll... whatever is happening, it's not on our end.

So, once we move to aggregated... it will be interesting to see what happens. I hope whatever it is you're seeing just goes away but I don't know. You should try to figure out if it's node congestion or if its something else. Maybe open a ticket.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

Webslingerac

canada
reply to TypeS
said by TypeS :
MicNicoll will now be Aggregated TPIA now...
Yeah, we all know that.

quote:
so it wont be in relation to Disaggregated POI traffic anymore.

Aren't links still required, regardless?

TypeS

London, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
said by Webslingerac:

said by TypeS :
MicNicoll will now be Aggregated TPIA now...
Yeah, we all know that.

quote:
so it wont be in relation to Disaggregated POI traffic anymore.

There are but they will be physically and geographically separete. All Aggregated areas get handed off of 151 Front Street, where has right now the hand off is where ever the MicNicol POI is.

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to Webslingerac
said by Webslingerac:

Yeah, from Rogers aggregation point to TSI's core network at 151 Front St.

This will likely be many, many 10GbE links.

As long as there is ample supply here, there will not be local node congestion unless Rogers has local issues in a given area.
--

Webslingerac

canada

2 edits
reply to TSI Marc
said by TSI Marc :
There's no congestion now on McNicoll...
I still have an open ticket--and it's not as though all the other tickets relating to McNicoll in your direct forums--or even the McNicoll threads in the main forums--have been addressed fully.

It doesn't appear to be node congestion. My neighbour on Rogers isn't having problems.

10:06 p.m. EST
Teksavvy

10:09 p.m. EST
Nexicom

quote:
So, once we move to aggregated... it will be interesting to see what happens. I hope whatever it is you're seeing just goes away but I don't know. You should try to figure out if it's node congestion or if its something else. Maybe open a ticket.

I already have an open ticket. I don't think it's node congestion since my neighbour isn't having problems. Nothing has been resolved yet for congestion between 9:30 p.m. and 11 p.m. EST

Hopefully the switch to aggregated fixes this.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
yep. lets see what tomorrow brings...
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

Webslingerac

canada
reply to TypeS
said by TypeS:

There are but they will be physically and geographically separete. All Aggregated areas get handed off of 151 Front Street, where has right now the hand off is where ever the MicNicol POI is.

Alright, so whatever Marc was talking about concerning Rogers being behind installing links has no effect on McNicoll. Thanks

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
said by Webslingerac:

said by TypeS:

Alright, so whatever Marc was talking about with disaggregated links has no effect on McNicoll. Thanks

...they shifted McNicoll up on the schedule, so I can only imagine something else is up in between the node and us.. it's the only reason I can see them wanting it shifted up. so, no use speculating about it. we just don't know.

cross our fingers that it's fixed tomorrow.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

vcc_tek

join:2012-06-21
Scarborough, ON
reply to TSI Marc
I have the same problem. Very slow around 8:00 pm upto pass midnight. I will give it one more try and I will cancel my service if this continues. This is considered to be better speed than other nights as I cannot get half of the speed below. Not line issue as it works fine during other times (28 mbps).

»www.speedtest.net/result/2635176436.png

chinesedevil

join:2010-08-03
Scarborough, ON
reply to TSI Marc
yea fingers crossed for fixing nighttime congestion. It's been pretty bad for a few months.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
sorry guys :\ it's not for lack of trying on our part...

we have a couple dozen links on order for disaggregated and a complete replacement set of links for aggregated too.. we basically said.. I don't know but lets not take any risks. I too am very annoyed with all these congestion topics... especially having managed the network for ten years and never having this many issues.. but I know exactly what was ordered and I'm monitoring all the links daily like I always did in the past and there's very little else we can do. It's really on them at this point to deliver. And it looks like they're on track so lets let it play out and see what happens. once we're fully aggregated.. it should be pretty easy to find the problems... we have roughly 70gig of peak traffic now to them and we've ordered 150gig of capacity. so. you know. the math will be easy for a while.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

Teddy Boom
k kudos Received
Premium
join:2007-01-29
Toronto, ON
said by TSI Marc:

we have roughly 70gig of peak traffic now to them and we've ordered 150gig of capacity. so. you know. the math will be easy for a while.

Holy crap! I better get selling
--
electronicsguru.ca

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
Yup

TypeS

London, ON
Hey Marc, all the links going to POIs, where all them 1Gig links or were some 10Gig in areas like the GTA?

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
said by TypeS:

Hey Marc, all the links going to POIs, where all them 1Gig links or were some 10Gig in areas like the GTA?

on disaggregated, there are two ends to each link. on the POI ends they are all single gig links. on our end the majority are 10gig links and some are single gig links.

with aggregated, they will all be 10gig links and on their end, we don't have any visibility on that.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

TypeS

London, ON
Hmm ok, was curious about CIKTel's boast that they were the first to use 10Gig links with Rogers.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
said by TypeS:

Hmm ok, was curious about CIKTel's boast that they were the first to use 10Gig links with Rogers.

*shrug*

maybe aggregated?

we've had 10gig links from them for a year or two..
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy