spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Zay
@cox.net

Zay

Anon

[Anime] looking for an old Mech anime

ok so I used to watch a mech anime late at night when my parents were asleep...anyways the point is I don't remember the name, here's some details that stand out though: The cockpit of the mechs had no joysticks, buttons, whatever, the pilot WAS the controls. Also the 1st episode I watched showed a little boy seeing a huge mech rise from the edge of his space-colony (another detail btw) the main char's nickname was zero I think, idk if it's his actual name or what but I remember a part where he was complaining to his mom about kids calling him zero. Oh and this was late 90's or early 2k's, was young so I don't remember exact dates. This may or may not be some gundam series but I can't find it so if anybody has any info that'd be awsome!

sivran
Vive Vivaldi
Premium Member
join:2003-09-15
Irving, TX

sivran

Premium Member

First impression, mainly based on the main character's name being Zero, is Pilot Candidate.

The only Gundam anime I can recall with "no controls" in the cockpit was G Gundam, and I think you'd remember more details about that series if that was what you're looking for. It had a lot of memorable...details.

CompUser
join:2001-11-07
Ada, OH

CompUser to Zay

to Zay
Was it Evangelion?

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· QQTrSchs

Doctor Four
My other vehicle is a TARDIS
Premium Member
join:2000-09-05
Dallas, TX

Doctor Four to Zay

Premium Member

to Zay
It sounds like Candidate for Goddess, otherwise known as Pilot Candidate.

A lot of the ideas for that series were taken from Evangelion.

It came out around 2002 - 2003 or so, IIRC. It had a run on Adult Swim.

Zay
@cox.net

Zay to sivran

Anon

to sivran
Yea It's Pilot Candidate! Thanks ^.^, also G gundam was another one i'd been looking for, so thanks again!

racer9876
Defender Of The Universe
Premium Member
join:2000-07-03
Lancaster, CA

racer9876 to Zay

Premium Member

to Zay
Yeah Candidate for Goddess did have a run on Adult Swim. Problem was it had no ending, so that turned a lot of people off to it.

sivran
Vive Vivaldi
Premium Member
join:2003-09-15
Irving, TX

sivran

Premium Member

Is that true of the actual series, or did AS cut it? I never did give that series a proper evaluation... (read: get the subtitled version).

racer9876
Defender Of The Universe
Premium Member
join:2000-07-03
Lancaster, CA

racer9876 to Zay

Premium Member

to Zay
That is true of the actual series. I rewatched the series on adult swim 3 times and watched the fansub as well to make sure the ending up wasn't left out. It wasn't.

mackey
Premium Member
join:2007-08-20

mackey to sivran

Premium Member

to sivran
said by sivran:

(read: get the subtitled version).

That's gonna be difficult as the only official release is dubtitled.

/M