Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

NetFixer to graysonf

Premium Member

to graysonf

Re: Comcast SMTP whoa's

said by graysonf:

I never said anything about port 25 not being blocked on smtp.comcast.net via IPv6. But I will say that Comcast is not blocking port 25 via IPv6 elsewhere.

Port 25 is not being "blocked" per se for use with smtp.comcast.net (IPv4 or IPv6), the server itself is simply refusing to allow an active session on port 25. However, many (and likely soon all) Comcast residential users do have a universal IPv4 port 25 block (and I suspect that eventually Comcast security will notice the IPv6 oversight).
said by graysonf:

Stunnel can be used to work around most client limitations regarding destination ports and lack of SSL.

Yes, stunnel (and other local proxy solutions) can be used to get around a client config limitation problem. Recent versions of Eudora do support SSL, but dczar1 could not get that to work, so I suspect that setting up an stunnel proxy would be equally problematic. Are you volunteering to set that up for dczar1?

graysonf
MVM
join:1999-07-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL

graysonf

MVM

I'd venture to say that if it doesn't work for him he's doing something wrong. The most common mistake is to use username/password encryption. This will not work.